My Turn To Brag a Bit.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big congrats! Just finished mine recently so I can understand how good it feels. It's well earned, no matter what agency it is through. I'd say just go diving for a while. Pick one or two things you are really into and focus on it. Mine is wrecks and photography. Take any specialties that will help that you may not have taken on the way to master diver. For example, I want to take the full navigation course. And just spend time ...... diving. You can spend that time researching the professional route and deciding if you want to go that way.

Big congrats! Just finished mine recently so I can understand how good it feels. It's well earned, no matter what agency it is through. I'd say just go diving for a while. Pick one or two things you are really into and focus on it. Mine is wrecks and photography. Take any specialties that will help that you may not have taken on the way to master diver. For example, I want to take the full navigation course. And just spend time ...... diving. You can spend that time researching the professional route and deciding if you want to go that way.

Since completing the requirements, I've done the Nitrox class, and also want to take my time with navigation. I had the chance to do it in jamaica, but decided that time would be better served doing it in low visibility New England. I thought about tech diving, and it truely does interest me, but my current instructor doesn't do it, so I'd have to get comfortable with someone new...well, i've got a few years left in me, so I'll spend the summer grabbing lobsters and finding out where the wrecks are up here.

Thanx for all the well-wishes everyone!!

One more congratulatory post. It's a huge deal! Celebrate it by diving often, and continue your training in areas of interest to you, whether by going pro or by moving into some tec areas. Dive, dive, dive! (And get plenty of those Master Scuba Diver Patches to put on your gear bag, jacket and everywhere!)
DivemasterDennis

Back
Top Bottom