Springfest "V" 2012 - April 27 to 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, so I just found out that my buddies I was planning on coming with aren't going to be able to make it, which means I won't be able to make it since I can't afford the trip on my own right now. :( I guess I'll have to try for Vortoberfest. We are going to try to make it down to Vortex in the next month or so, though, so I'll let you guys know when I do get to go.

Saturday
Southeast wind 5 to 10 knots. Seas 1 to 2 feet. Protected waters smooth
Surface Temperature 71.1 Degrees

Tides for St. Andrew Bay Channel entrance
Friday Low 12:00 AM High 1:12 PM 1.4 Foot Change
Saturday Low 12:34 AM High 2:00 PM 1.4 Foot Change
Sunday Low 1:06 AM High 2:54 PM 1.2 Foot Change

Tides at Destin East Jetty
Friday Low 1:11 AM High 2:18 PM 0.7 Foot Change
Saturday Low 1:50 AM High 3:06 PM 0.6 Foot Change
Sunday Low 2:22 AM High 4:04 PM 0.6 Foot Change

Tides at Fort Pickens
Friday low 1:11 AM High 1:28 PM 1.2 Foot Change
Saturday low 1:50 am high 2:16 PM 1.2 Foot Change
Sunday Low 2:22 AM High 3:14 PM 1.0 Foot Change

Choctawhatchee River at Morrison - 7.07 feet

Last edited:
I booked the last spot on the Saturday morning boat out of Panama City today, they told me I needed to say the name of the trip leader to get the special pricing, so please let me know so I can confirm with them.

As it's just me, I'll need/would like to buddy up with someone. I'll be diving nitrox 32% I have a steel 95 which I have filled up to 3k approx and an al80 standard fill. approx 250 dives etc. Someone who's going on the dive let me know if you'd like to buddy up :)

- Ryan

I believe Divers Den has booked the full boat per UCF (13 divers is the limit it will be tight). It should be an excellent offshore dive, be prepared for some choppy seas. Here is the list:

1. 500 PSI
2. Joel C - My Son
3. LivesforSharks
4. Doc Carl
5. Doc Carls Wife
6. Tom Smedley
7. AACavalier
8. UCFKnightDiver

Divers Den's shop is just across from Capt Andersons Restaurant on west side of Thomas Drive. Look for the painted diver on the outside side wall facing the street.

Forecast for sea conditions is looking like 1-2ft as of now hopefully it stays that way

Hi Everyone!

This will be my first springfest. I was hoping to bring a friend with me, but that fell thru so i'll be coming out by myself ... I'd love to get w/ a group doing any of the freshwater dives ... there's no more reserved camp sites, but i'm told that the primitive camping is pretty much put your tent wherever on the property ... unless someone has an open spot on their site ... I'd gladly share the cost with ...

I'm looking forward to meeting some new friends/dive buddies and having a great time ...

I should be in to Vortex in the very early afternoon on Thursday. I will be stopping for my BBQ at 4-C before setting up camp. I'm heading out to karaoke with Tammy and Johnny Mac Thursday night. So if anyone wants to come along, feel free to join us. It's great to hear that they will be entertaining us Saturday night. It was definitely quiet during the last dive event. I'm stuck on 8A site, supposedly no power, my regular site had been snatched up. I may have to come camp out with you on 9 Squiddy!

See y'all there!
Carolyn:shark2:
Is that the site you had last year or the one I had? Seemed there was power then.

Hi Everyone!

This will be my first springfest. I was hoping to bring a friend with me, but that fell thru so i'll be coming out by myself ... I'd love to get w/ a group doing any of the freshwater dives ... there's no more reserved camp sites, but i'm told that the primitive camping is pretty much put your tent wherever on the property ... unless someone has an open spot on their site ... I'd gladly share the cost with ...

I'm looking forward to meeting some new friends/dive buddies and having a great time ...

My brother had to cancel this trip with me (ruptured his eardrum) :depressed:, so I'm camping in my truck again. There should be room on my site for y'all.

Thanks squiddy! I'll see you and Carolyn tomorrow night! I drive a black nissan frontier crewcab ... Should be pulling in by 9 pm if all goes well ... let me know what kinda beer you like :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom