Dive # 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was diving in Ft Lauderdale, Fl. working on my NITOX Instructor and the rest of my MSDT. Good times!
How could you be working on MSDT at less than 100 dives? Just the coursework and not the actual certification of divers? (I didn't become an instructor until I had hundreds and hundreds of dives already, and only got my MSDT after dozens of certs, as I recall.)

Traditionally, it should be naked. If you can't (or aren't willing) to pull that off, I love wmperry's photo above. :blinking:

Congratulations on this milestone!

How could you be working on MSDT at less than 100 dives? Just the coursework and not the actual certification of divers? (I didn't become an instructor until I had hundreds and hundreds of dives already, and only got my MSDT after dozens of certs, as I recall.)
just what I was thinking

When my wife had her 100th dive, I knew it was going to be while we were diving day boats off of Kona, HI. I made her a commemorative shirt in advance. I also alerted the boat crew (Kona Honu Divers) and they created a "certificate" on the computer and had everyone sign it. After the dive we had a little ceremony on the boat, presenting the shirt and certificate. The other 14 divers aboard cheered and got into the whole thing. It was great fun. On the other hand, my 100th dive occurred during a week of training dives in local Aurora Reservoir and passed without much fanfare. 100 dives is a huge accomplishment. You should make a big deal about it!
DivemasterDennis

Dive #100 was in Kangaroo Gorge on the East End of Grand Cayman. Maximum depth was 105'. It was an excellent wall with swim throughs. At 100 feet I was treated to the sight of a large grouper being cleaned by 5-6 fish of different varieties in a cleaning station. It was a very nice dive. I was diving with an operator named Ocean Frontiers, with whom I was quite happy.

(I sometimes make thorough log entries.)

100th dive...drysuit course at the bottom of Morrison quarry. Too cold for a commemorative birthday suit dive and it would have defeat the purpose of said course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom