Outer banks Wreck diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well the trip is over, all too soon it seems. We had some pretty high seas, Tuesday they were reporting 12' waves so we didn't go out. the next day we had a pretty shift current and I found out that I get sea sick so that wasn't alot of fun. I got one dive in on the JC reef, but that was it. Thursday was better not being so sea sick and the waves and current settled down. Got to the British Splendour and the Dixie Arrow. And the final day the waves stopped us again. So it was 3 dives for the trip.

well done.

3 sea dives are worth 300 quarry dives.

I have to get more practice. I made some errors that I was able to get away with because there was little to no current and there were people to watch out for me. I also need to get some warmer water gear. I tried to get a 3mil wetsuit for the trip and it was ordered in advance but i received a XLL instead of the 2XL which i needed. The suit didn't fit well so i went with my 7 mil I was warm for certain. So a thinner wetsuit, gloves and boots would make things better. I was happy with my regulators, computer and pony system. I only have to find a better way to tie things closer to myself. I also found out while on the boat that the Din valve on my tank has a slight ding on it where it looks like something fell on my tank or it was dropped. I was unaware of this and ended up borrowing an AL100 tank which changed my balance or weight. I added some extra but it wasn't the same. thats about it for now.

I know this thread is from last year. But I was wondering if you made the dive? I have dove both Quarry and the Atlantic. Can not compare the two. Carolinalaw05 was very informative and spot on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom