south bimini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dustinfl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
im headed to south bimini in a couple weeks and was looking to see if anyone can offer up some number for bimini thru the cay's.i will be on a private boat and looking for some killer diving you normally don't get with a charter. i also am wondering if anyone can recommend a marine to stay at since we will be staying on the boat. last time they went a month ago they stayed a weechee. said it was a great price but the band kept them up all night.i know numbers can be sacred but would appreciate anything i can get.

Check out this thread on a boating forum, The Hull Truth:
Bimini 2012 thread! - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

On South Bimini, your only option is Bimini Sands. North Bimini has more to see and do and the Bimini Big Game Club is highly recommended. I downloaded some numbers for diving from Divespots.com

Why are you wanting to stay at south B? Other than one club and the End of the World Saloon, there's nothing there.

I'm not looking to stay at a big name resort. They want 150 or more a night just to dock. I'm not going to spending anytime on land so I'm not concerned if there is nothing around on land. If it was safer I wouldn't even be docking I would just anchor. The dive spots I have now are from dive spots thanks. I was just looking for some unpunished ones

OK, I gotcha. You just want a slip to tie up to. I have dived a number of spots there close to Bimini, but I don't have coords for any of them. You should be able to find the concrete wreck (Sapona) easy enough. You could probably find some other by scanning the sea charts. There are some danger points where the reef is within feet of the surface. There's some great shallow diving close to these if you anchor nearby.

also- nearby is the wreck of Bimiti, and close to it is another that I heard called the "bicycle wreck" because it was carrying a shipment when it went down. These are both very shallow at around 20-30 feet IIRC. But the current can rip through there at times so be careful.

And of course, there is the ever famous "Bimini Road" dive site, which I think even has some bouys. Lots of shallow grass plains in the area if you are into conch (which I don't see how anybody wouldn't love conch!)

I live on South Bimini and would recommend the Bimini Sands Marina either at the main resort or the Beach Club ( little more remote). The Bimini Road is a freediving site, but not really great for diving. There are some nice reefs that are deeper down south of Cat Cay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom