Vortoberfest VIII - 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison

Trusty Shellback
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Mark your calendars...
Vortoberfest VIII
will be held at Vortex Spring, FL
12-14 October, 2012.
See y'all there!
Rick

What does it all involve, an itinerary of sorts would be helpful...pros/cons...do's/don'ts for us newbies, please?

thanks!

Hopefully i'll be off that weekend.

What does it all involve, an itinerary of sorts would be helpful...pros/cons...do's/don'ts for us newbies, please?

thanks!

Most people come up on Thursday or Friday and set camp. You can dive Vortex, Morrison, Panama City, Jackson Blue (cavern cert and above) any of those days, and everyone fends for themselves on food.

Saturday about half the folks hit the local springs, while the other half trek to Panama City to shore dive, or take a charter.

Saturday night there is a group cook-out. There is a community grill and camp grills at most sites. In years past there was karaoke, but I'm not sure if they'll have it this year or not. Some folks consume adult beverages Saturday night too :wink:

Do: have a good time, eat some good grub, do some safe dives

Don't:
act like a jerk, dive in an unsafe manner, touch anything on my plate

Looking forward to possibly making it to this one, going to go ahead and put in for my time off as soon as I transfer.

Geez Hetland, when have I ever eaten off your plate...maybe your grill..but... come on wth, and you are a good cook..you know you like to share...you know you luv me...:wink:

---------- Post Merged at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:19 PM ----------

We've got to get the party started!!
Where is everyone??

---------- Post Merged at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Just how often do the spearers and cavers get together??? Twice a year! Lets go for it!!

So who all is coming and what is the menu? Who will be arriving when? It is only 2 1/2 weeks away. :D

The thread doesn't seem to have much chatter about this event Denise ... I've been watching and haven't seen much going on ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom