Hi, new diver few questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stu181

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, first time here. Seems really good site and useful info.

I have just done my padi open water in egypt and I have a few questions if someone could please help and carnt seem to find straight answers.

How often do you have to dive?

When you dive with a buddy who signs your dive log. I only ask this as some places say you have to have dived within 6 months and show your dive log.

I do not have the money to buy equipment just yet but is there any where near the North West to dive and rent equipment and if so what prices am I looking at.

Regards

Carpenwray is in the lakes, use the M6 junction signed for Morcambe but head inland rather than to the coast.

Their website is www.dive-site.co.uk they do full gear rental including drysuit or semi-dry. To rent a drysuit you will need to be drysuit certified as they will ask for your cert.

Costs for rental are on the website. It's a fairly easy quarry to dive with a maximum depth of around 22m. It always seems warmer than Stoney Cove and has always had better visibility when I have visited.

There will also be operators offering coastal dives but again I suspect that they will want you to be drysuit certified before they will give you a rental.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Welcome to ScubaBoard and diving! Here's a link so you can connect with other divers in your area.
Europe
and this is a great forum for those just starting out in diving.
New Divers and Those Considering Diving
Welcome again and enjoy! :D

Back
Top Bottom