Had to put one of my cats to sleep today.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Life is incomplete without our pets to share it with.... and man does it hurt when the are no longer with us.... their time with us is just too short for what the bring us... hurts like hell....

Jim I am sorry for your loss and wish you the best. As my neighbor once said, If you don't miss them when they are gone then you shouldn't have had them. Wife and I have also had "rescue" cats and it is never easy.

Aww dang Jim :(
I am both saddened by your loss ... and gladdened by the thought that you gave her such a good home and love

Bless you for taking in a cat that needed love, and extending your love to it, and allowing it a respectful life and passing. We've got two cats, and one of them was diagnosed with diabetes a couple of years ago, and then had a seizure shortly after that. I cannot tell you what we have done to sustain Smoke's life and make him healthy. All pets (cats, especially) are family, and deserve to be treated the same way you did yours.

Jim sorry for your loss. They are our family and companions. I have 2 cats currently and I know the love one can have for a pet. I volunteer at a shelter and work mostly with the cats. I admire that you adopted an older cat and gave her a home and love.

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we would still live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan" --Irving Townsend

Sorry for the loss. We just put down our 14 year old collie. She was a very good girl. If our pets lived longer than us who would take care of them?

I own two and lost another a few years back....Still wake up nights and just look at her picture......We owe them so much, they deserve our love, protection and respect........

I too am sorry for your loss but happy that you found each other as you did and that you were able to give her (and she you) a life filled with love.

Back
Top Bottom