Recommended PDC Dive Shops for 6 Days of Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree re. Abyss especially if you like small groups. Dave, the owner, has years of diving experience in Playa and really knows his sites as well as his marine critters and where to find them. He's also safety-conscious which is reassuring for any level of diver.

RE Geofish - they are still open! They're now an on-line dive center, so don't have their shop on 10th street anymore. However, they still offer all activities & courses that they did before.

Had a very good experience with Tank Ha, couple times there was only two of us on the boat with the DM. I picked them mainly because they run their own boat to dive Coz. You can do a 2 tank Coz dive and be back around lunch! I'd use them again.

30 mile south of PDC is Akumal, a quiet little place in the middle of big resorts. Two shops there, Akumal Dive Shop is the one we use all the time. They will take you to the cenotes. 8 Is a big boatload for them. They are open boats. You go out for a 1 tank dive and then return to shore to change out tanks, but the boat rides are short. They also have a package deal of 10 dives for $300.00 or less plus another 10% discount for cash. I am sure the discounts could extend to an even greater number of dives. Debbie and I go there often, and we like the operation very much. If 2 couple go together and share a condo, it's a great value. Just a suggested alternative to consider.

I would recommed Mexico Blue Dream at the 10th street going down on Mamita´s Beach. Personally I worked for these guys on the winter of 2009. And it was a really great experience on the side of teaching, and conducting dive tours. They have a pretty nice facility, with lockers, a place to wash and hang equipment and a really nice classroom on the 2nd room of the facility. Plus their standars are high and they have a lot of different packages, for cenotes, playa dives, and they can take you to cozumel as well. Go ahead and check it out for yourself, but you wont regret it. 5 star dive center.

Luis Velasco
PADI MSDT 230707
Nautilus Divetech Diveshop.
Nautilus DIVE TECH - diving at a whole new level.

I just got back from our vacation to Mexico yesterday. We ended up doing a dive package with Diversity Diving. 4 dives off PDC, 2 Cenote dives, and 2 Cozumel dives. Each day we were picked up from our resort by a driver, which was a HUGE plus. Rental gear was predominantly Mares equipment. Eddy was the manager at the time and his English was not the best, so he was relieved to know that we understood Spanish!
Our first day, we dove with Cesar, a freelance cave dive guide, in the cenotes. Our dinky little torches paled in comparison to his 700 lumen light which lit up each section like daylight! We dove with dive guide Luis four times off PDC and had a great time. He was a funny and interesting character, and knew how to show us a good second dive site if the first dive was underwhelming. When we dove off Cozumel, we were sent to Tank Ha to dive a wall and a reef.

I have a LOT of GoPro videos that I need to edit and post to youtube. All I need is the time!

Thank you all for the recommendations!

At phantom divers we have special packages for several day of diving, this packages can always be customized. For Cozumel we work with another shop, but we can do all the arrangements, finally for the cenotes we have a very good and qualified guide whose specialization is on cenote diving. I suggest you to take a look at our website Buceo en Playa del Carmen - Phantom Divers we have many years of experience and we can always help you with especial requests, such as night dives, bull shark dives and sailfish snorkeling tours.

My father and I dive with Dive Shop Mexico in PDC. He's used them three times, I've been here for two of those times with him. Never a problem. Very good DM and safety rules always followed. I highly recommend them.

Andrea is particularly good as a DM. Very friendly, very nice, but safety conscious all the way!

Another vote for Abyss. They cannot make the run across to Coz, but only one shop can. They will hook you up in Coz for a ferry trip over, tho.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom