Feb 23-24 Blue Hole Rescue Dives. 6.5mm "mix" jumpsuit enough?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coloradodiver1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Guys, I will have my Rescue training/practice dives next week (Feb 23-24) in Blue Hole, NM. I am trying to avoid renting a 7mm jumpsuit so I was thinking to bring my 5mm full jumpsuit + 1.5mm neoprene shirt (below the jumpsuit) and my 5mm hood. Do you think that mix of protection will be enough? :confused: Thanks!

Every individual is different, but I suspect you'll be OK. For rescue, you are unlikely to be doing multiple dives of long duration. More likely you'll be in and out of the water many times.

If your rescue class is like mine was, you'll be at or near the surface most of the time, so suit compression will be less of an issue than it would for a typical dive.

Bear in mind you'll also be moving a lot. I have my students change roles as rescuer and victim. When you're pretending to be in distress (and are putting real effort into it), you'll warm up pretty well. I'd say you'll be fine.

Great Toddthecat! I feel better now and the instructor will have a couple of 7mm just in case...

Back
Top Bottom