Maui - March 19-27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could probably rent a pony bottle here at B&B or Maui Dreams. Would save you the hassle of traveling with it. Try giving them a call.
Only maui dreams has 1pony for rent and its not rigged. No pony's for rent anywhere else I tried. I dived most of the south maui sites. White rock beach both ends, Wailea point, makena landing, ulua beach, and did a couple of boat charters too.

Hi Jesse - I will be staying in South Kihei near Kam 2 from March 21-28. I do have some boat dives scheduled, and am also on a family trip. In fact I think the only day I could meet up would be the 22nd - I'll PM you my cell #, hopefully we can work something out. P.S. Awesome photos on your website.
(((kevin)))

Hi Jesse - I will be staying in South Kihei near Kam 2 from March 21-28. I do have some boat dives scheduled, and am also on a family trip. In fact I think the only day I could meet up would be the 22nd - I'll PM you my cell #, hopefully we can work something out. P.S. Awesome photos on your website.
(((kevin)))

Thanks for the response and comments on my photos, I really appreciate it. I sent you my cell as well. I look forward to meeting up with you in Maui.

I will be staying across from Kameole II March 24 - 31. I have 2 shore dives lined up, but I would like one more. I would like to try 5 Caves. I am an intermediate diver, more inclined to try to see critters and stuff, but I can be flexible too. I also am with the family, but depending on the start time, they might snorkel along too. Let me know if this sounds interesting. Also, let me know how it goes finding buddies at Maui Dreams. I did find www.mauiinfosource.com has quite a good shore dive guide with maps etc. btw, on a previous trip I thought the boat dives were extremely expensive, with really early starts, and the shore diving may be just about as good.

I would venture to say that most of the shore diving is as good if not better than boat diving. I hear it from my guests over and over. I think one of the main reasons that it works out like that is because you typically get much longer bottom time off the shore.

Well, had a great time in Maui. It was more of a family trip considering we were meeting family for a memorial service for my wife's father. He was born and raised on Maui and passed away five years ago. It took us a while to get all of the mainland family members and the ohana from various islands. The first three days were shore dives, bright and early before the wind waves and crowds. I dove Kamaole II, Wailea Beach, and Makena Landing (with Scubaboard member Kevin). I booked a trip to Molokini with B&B and they were great! Saw sharks, (3) dolphins, and several crocodile snake eels. I also got a chance to see my very first Hawaiian Nudibranch. I dove with my 100mm macro lens, so a lot of macro photos.

Here is a photo of the nudibranch. If you click on the photo, you will be directed to the entire album. Kevin, thanks for the awesome dive at Makena. I will look you up when I go to Monterey in July :)

Nice Kangaroo Nudibranch. They are pretty rare, I've probably only seen a few dozen since I started diving here in '97. Believe it or not, most of the ones I have seen have all been spotted by me at Ulua Beach. I rarely see them at Five Caves and only once at Makena Landing. Never in the marine preserve. Nice shot!

We've found a lot of Kangaroos at Red Hill. It's probably the most common place we've seen them.

Nice diving with you Jesse. I look forward to seeing more photos once you get them up. I had four great days of diving after we did 5 caves. Highlight was seeing a pod of spinner dolphins underwater at Redhill, but honestly every dive was great. The backside of Molokini was fantastic and I saw some good pelagic action. (((kevin)))

Back
Top Bottom