Maui - March 19-27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J Miller

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I will be in Maui from March 19-27. I will be staying near Kamaole beach. I'd like to do some shore diving early in the morning. I have close to 400 dives in both warm and cold water. I also enjoy taking photographs, so a mellow shore dive would be perfect. I may hit a boat dive, but this is a family vacation, so I'd like to get out early to be home with family.

If there is anyone who would like to dive with me, please let me know. Have a good day!

Go to maui dreams in kihei and they have a buddy book if you want a buddy. Or if you are comfortable with it go solo. Lots of great sites within 10 min of where you'll be staying. Great shop for tank and weight rentals. You'll likely bump into other divers while picking up your tanks. Great bunch there.

Go to maui dreams in kihei and they have a buddy book if you want a buddy. Or if you are comfortable with it go solo. Lots of great sites within 10 min of where you'll be staying. Great shop for tank and weight rentals. You'll likely bump into other divers while picking up your tanks. Great bunch there.

Thanks for the response. I will check in with Maui dreams. My first preference is to find buddy with a similar schedule that can spend 60+ minutes in the same area taking photos, not sure that will work out :) I am perfectly comfortable hitting these sites solo too. Just wanted to avoid lugging my pony bottle to Maui. I could always sling a 2nd 80 too. I have contacted a couple people that may be able to dive. Thanks again for the response.

maybe try a 50? or a spare air? Have you ever made a shore dive on Maui? depths are fairly shallow so long bottom times are common. Reefs are close to shore too, no real currents to worry about at most locations either. A second 80 would be "Overkill" for sure...

I agree, it would be overkill. Just thinking the 80's would be readily available. I have done many shore dives in Hawaii. My goal is redundant air for solo diving. Maybe I should have just said a pony bottle :)

---------- Post added January 23rd, 2013 at 12:05 PM ----------

Doug, by the way. You came highly recommended by one of my Pacific Northwest buddies. I will be sure to look you up if my plans allow for a guided dive. Thanks for the responses too!

I took my 40 pony last time so I could do some soloing. Put my gear bag right at the 50 lb weight limit with bp/w and fins in the same bag.

Back
Top Bottom