Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of lists. thought it would be fun to have a list of critters one must see to be considered a troll.. all in fun of course.. maybe a list of the top 20-25 critters that are pretty much unique to BHB area..

1. Frogfish
2. Batfish
3. Northern Stargazer
4. Manatee
5. Spotted Eagle Ray
6. Seahorse
7. SeaRobin
8. Jawfish
9. Lancer Dragonet
10. Sailfin Blenny (though those are found all over the place.)
11. at least one nudibranch

For everyone who's requested the species list I will email when I get home from Ecuador next week. I should be back in town by 7/19 unless we get stuck in El Salvadore again.

For those of you questioning two weeks in Ecuador:

View attachment 159521

Nuff said.

While I have not yet had the pleasure of diving BHB I hope to become a bridge troll at the end of the month. I would very much like a copy of your list so that when I do I might know more of what I am looking at.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

For everyone who's requested the species list I will email when I get home from Ecuador next week. I should be back in town by 7/19 unless we get stuck in El Salvadore again.

For those of you questioning two weeks in Ecuador:

View attachment 159521

Nuff said.

I've said it before and will say it again....you're getting soooooo spoiled !!

:D

...and want to hear all about it when you get back...

---------- Post added July 10th, 2013 at 11:02 PM ----------

Speaking of lists. thought it would be fun to have a list of critters one must see to be considered a troll.. all in fun of course.. maybe a list of the top 20-25 critters that are pretty much unique to BHB area..

1. Frogfish
2. Batfish
3. Northern Stargazer
4. Manatee
5. Spotted Eagle Ray
6. Seahorse
7. SeaRobin
8. Jawfish
9. Lancer Dragonet
10. Sailfin Blenny (though those are found all over the place.)
11. at least one nudibranch

Southern stargazer
Pike blenny
at least 2 species of octopus on the same dive
Mantis shrimp
Bumblebee shrimp
Pipefish

Last edited:
Hello to my new dive buddy Bob....sorry about the short dive. And Force E not filling my tank. I'll check it before I leave shop next time.. Anyway, PM me and we'll plan a dive

:D
More usual suspects from recent dives at BHB complements of my flag sherpa, spotter, photographer....
If only she would edit video :eyebrow:
John
Jet- count me in on that comprehensive list

I want on the list, too.

Is that green shrimp a recent find?? And, did you guys find the bumblebee on a sea cucumber?? And, how big is that sea robin?

1) Yes, Kelly found first a bright green and then another pink one aka "Deb's funky shrimp" though that may be another image.
2) yes, on sea cucumber, also 4-6 BB's (non spotted) playing jungle jim on an octopus
3) 7 inches, perfect size (and a bandtail sea robin flasher champ while hunting)..
All this over on your directionally comprimised slope area some kind soul lead you through....
Hope that helps....
See you soon?
John

Last edited:
Our coolest find was that Nurse shark resting under the east bridge. But I didn't get a picture, so I guess it doesn't count... :/

If there's no picture then it never happened.

Then you won't believe me when I say it was 12 ft long? Jeesh...

---------- Post added July 12th, 2013 at 10:11 AM ----------

Ok, just completely wrong. Got a text from DiveDivaDM saying that she was diving today. Well I'm stuck at work reading SB, so there! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom