Dm4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have downloaded this a dozen times and cannot get it to install from the website. I get application cannot be started contact the application vendor.
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [6/3/2013 7:14:20 AM] System.IO.FileNotFoundException
- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInterop.GetUserStore(UInt32 Flags, IntPtr hToken, Guid& riid)
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInterop.GetUserStore()
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore..ctor(ComponentStoreType storeType, SubscriptionStore subStore)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore..ctor(String deployPath, String tempPath, ComponentStoreType storeType)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.get_CurrentUser()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

I just got this Suunto zoop dove with it yesterday. It appears to have lost my first dive but has the second which I cannot get to download to the computer because the software will not install.

I am extremely unhappy with this product.

Blue sky,

You do not have to use the Moves Count portion of DM4. DM4 can just be used to view your dives.

Best Regards,
Chris

I am with Blue sky. Give me DM3. It was more user friendly, it was set up for divers with categories of information divers would want to fill in. Not "tags" It kept a tally of number of dives logged.

Also never got an answer from my inquiry last month.

I have used Suunto since 2001 and no complaints on its use UW but the SW I have always had problems with. Initial releases were primitive and mainly had problems in the device not connecting properly (I had the RS232 plugs!). It improved to the DM3 version but then came MOVESCOUNT!!
AGh ! I do not understand who may be interested in the social part of sharing the scuba profiles...but besides that I was disappointed the tissues saturation graphs were gone. As I teach scuba I enjoyed that tool for DEEP and ADVANCED specialty courses. It really helps understand what happens to us UW. I also sell SUUNTO products so I called and found out that there was some serious mismatch between the Dx families and the newer Dxi computers (both on SW and cables to be used). After a year and half that DM4 is out there are plenty of bugs and compatibility issues. As of today I tried to download the latest version and 1.1.11 and it will not install ... I had to go back to 1.1.10. --- Unbelievable. I tried on 2 computers... waste of time. So...great Hardware horrible SW and marketing.

nudibranco,

There has just been a new update launched for DM4 that fixes a few issues as well as the tissue saturation graphs. Are you using Mac or Windows? Try uninstalling all of the software as well as the Suunto USB drivers from your computer. Go to Suunto.com and try re-installing the DM4 software. Please make sure when installing the software and drivers that your download cable is not plugged in.

There is not a mismatch with the original D-Series and the new I,TX, & X. A new cable has been made for the new D-series computers that will work with the new and original. The original cables will not work with the new D-Series computers. If you look inside the small hole where the 2 pins are the backing will either be all red or all black. With the new cables the backing is colored red. I have attached a picture for reference. The new cables had necessary changes for updating the software of the new D-Series computers.
New D-series cable.JPG

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

I tried to open the application that was working fine. I received a message that there is an update. I tried to install it. After running the install, I received a message that I needed the GTK# install. I installed it. I was asked to reboot, which I did. After re-booting, I was asked to run the application, which asked me to install the GTK# install. This has been an endless loop. After re-reading this posting, I uninstalled the application from my computer as instructed above. Tried the re-install. Getting the same run around. Now I do not have the application and can not get the application.

I am also having problems installing it on the Mac.

I thought these computers were to make life easier. I may go back to the dive tables.

An update for dm4 was out today. it read the computer (cobra) but wont download the dives. They must be working on it.

---------- Post added July 15th, 2013 at 11:47 AM ----------

DM4 took 30 min to start the download of dives form the cobra. So it seams to be working now.

@Chris from Suunto: Why in God's name can I still not enter a divesite or a location where the dive took place? What is so hard about providing a field for the buddys name? People have been asking for this since the original release of DM4. And now please spare me the "use the tags" advice, because that is not what I (and many others) want. We'd like structured information as DM3 had it.

You have been getting a ****storm about this ever since the first release and you do not seem to care. The web is full of complaints and nobody likes it. I'm really having a hard time figuring out why nobody listens at Suunto what the users want. Don't care or not willing for some obscure reasons nobody understands? Do your programmers need help?

My next DC is going to be a non-Suunto. And that's a promise.

Back
Top Bottom