Compass recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i also bought the suunto sk7 wrist mount. i ended up taking off the strap and putting it on a retractor. clip it on my r/h Dring. works awesome. i can easily hold it out in front of my body (where it should be) to take accurate readings.

my wife had a scuba pro on her console. it also was a very nice, easy to read compass

I like my Suunto SK-7 in bungie mount.

If there's another analog compass that has even bigger markings, I'd buy it too.

SK-7 No question the best compass for underwater navigation. I still use my Sk-7 even with the electronic compass available on my Galileo SOL. A great, spot on compass

What's a bunch of crap ? People recommending a compass they like, as requested by the OP? Confused.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

i think he means that praising the suunto so much is crap. at least thats how i took the comment.

as i said earlier, i have one myself. it works fine. but so did the wifes scuba pro.

Oh, what a bunch of crap. I have a wrist mount Oceanic compass and would be glad to navigate with any of the Suunto crowd, same goes for my computer. To each their own.
I had an Oceanic compass and it worked just fine. Except for the tiny markings that I can barely make out. Excuse me for preferring a compass with markings big enough that I can see well.

As you've seen, teh SK7 is the 'standard' response

I use a compass that I bought at REI, it was $4.95 and it's a zipper-pull gadget

I have the Suunto version of one of these, which clips onto the wrist strap of our PDC (if you have a wrist strap). It's fine for giving you the general direction N/S/E/W but as the above poster noted, they will lock up under pressure if you take them too deep. For rec dives when I just need to know vague directions, they're handy and don't take up any extra wrist space. I also have cheaper copies which work about the same, some have 'glow' markings on them which is handy for night dives

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom