Got a ticket for Lobstering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bet some of the attorneys down here would be able to get you money....

Save the lawyer money, go to court with a big wad of cash, plead guilty, take your medicine. Live to dive another day.

Don't listen to the just go to court and take like a man advice. Get a lawyer. I don't know what you do for a living but you could lose your job over something as simple as this. For example, a simple criminal offense can cost you your security clearance and loss of clearance can cost you your job, you can lose your professional drivers license. Don't mess with this get a lawyer. I had a friend that lost his top secret security clearance over a fishing incident much like yours. He went to court in his Dress Blues and got thrown in jail.

Hiring a lawyer is going to triple your cost and you will still be found guilty, probably. Can you plead guilty with an explanation ? I would go in and explain to judge that lobsters were returned safely and the few eggs were difficult to see. That you had passed up shorts and obvious berried females etc etc...It IS hard to inspect a struggling lobster while putting in bag sometimes. Visibility and conditions might help you. Better to be honest and don't bad mouth the fish and game guy...you screwed up. Maybe had communication issue with buddy. There appears to be no physical evidence so they might not be too keen for a trial anyways. I doubt this is going to follow you around in life and really doubt laying out big bucks to a shyster will help much. Lesson learned...not even remotely as serious as a DUI and there are millions of those every year.

---------- Post added July 24th, 2013 at 03:42 PM ----------

Screw Saul...you need Mike to make this go away...permanently.

but mike is dead . . .

Be very careful. Many times FWC will "arrest" you and release you with a promise to show at court. You need to speak with an attorney. Don't take a chance on this to save $500 or whatever by not getting an attorney.

---------- Post added July 24th, 2013 at 10:36 PM ----------

Also I assume the FWC officer took pictures correct?

Hiring a lawyer is going to triple your cost and you will still be found guilty, probably. Can you plead guilty with an explanation ?

An attorney may be able to persuade the judge to withhold adjudication if it's a first offense. While not as good as a "not guilty", it's better than becoming a convicted criminal.

there seem to be plenty of attorney's in this thread, hire one of them. /sarc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom