Got a ticket for Lobstering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*only making a comment on what i believe to be the technicalities of the situation...

Without any more information than what the OP stated, it seems as if there is no evidence against you. (?, other than this thread now.) you put the lobster back, not the FWC. Did (s)he take any pictures?

What lobster, what eggs? I don't know what's going on your honor.

I would think the lawyer fees could quite easilly be way more expensive than just paying the fine and be done with it?
Jailtime, for one lobster that was put back? I think Id be foolhardy enough to think that wouldnt happen..

Trying to be sympathetic with you, however, you noticed you had female lobsters with eggs only after leaving the water and showing them to FWC. That is something you were supposed to do in the water. Sorry. Shame on you. Pay the fine, beg forgiveness and move on. Lesson learned. Look before bagging.

i would suggest not discussing it anymore online until you've consulted a local defense lawyer - many of them will do an initial consultation for free. you do not want anything on here to be used against you since no doubt FWC does troll thru here on occasion and a competent fwc lawyer would have the board bookmarked

Trying to be sympathetic with you, however, you noticed you had female lobsters with eggs only after leaving the water and showing them to FWC. That is something you were supposed to do in the water. Sorry. Shame on you. Pay the fine, beg forgiveness and move on. Lesson learned. Look before bagging.

we where having some complications in the water. to much stuff to manage and stuff getting tangled. it was an honest slip up. the lobster curled up after we caught it and then we diverted our attention so it slipped our minds to check it.

i think im going to have to just show up to court and thats it. i don't think its going to be a monster penalty for the circumstances.... i hope.

Spiny Lobster - Panulirus argus

• The harvest or possession of eggbearing spiny lobster, or any other eggbearing species of lobster belonging to the families Palinuridae (spiny lobsters), Scyllaridae (slipper lobsters) or Synaxidae (furry lobsters) is prohibited

Yeah that would suck when someone says, "What are you in for?" to have to respond with, "Lobster ticket"...

That reminds me of an old Arlo Guthrie song where he goes to jail for littering...

1. Get an award for being so "honest" on the phone
2. Pick up all the trash

Unknown 3rd possibility - be immediately arrested.

Lol

*only making a comment on what i believe to be the technicalities of the situation...

Without any more information than what the OP stated, it seems as if there is no evidence against you. (?, other than this thread now.) you put the lobster back, not the FWC. Did (s)he take any pictures?
What part of this did you not read? :shakehead:
we where confronted by FWC, they asked to show them are catch and we did. to both our surprise we had the egg bearing female . it was still perfectly alive and we put it back a good distance back in the water.

so with out any complaints both me and my buddy complied with everything the officer wanted and then he gave me a quick explanation of what he charged me for, he was very nice.
The Division of Law Enforcement represents a large part of the agency's personnel, with over 1,000 employees, over 800 of whom are sworn officers.
What lobster, what eggs? I don't know what's going on your honor.
The judge is going to believe this? Really?
I surely wouldn't take advice from random people on the internet (forgive me, random people)
me either...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom