Morehead City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This video was shot during my dive on the Aeolus last weekend. I thought I would post it here to show the conditions that we experienced. Morehead City Wreck Dives Aeolus x264 - YouTube

Ok I had to shut off your video! Totally jealous. That's just wicked great viz - our june dives off Hatteras were nothing like that. Glad you happened on the good stuff!

Well I am not the creator of that video. We were in the same group. This was our Friday, Saturday was even better. The whole team at Diver Down really took great care of us and the weather and conditions were perfect. I am now hooked on Morehead City.

I find Vimeo a better source for video quality although I was out this weekend of Morehead on the Tamaulipas.

I'm tethering on the edge of a camera purchase. After this trip I will probably be a gopro owner soon.

Ok I had to shut off your video! Totally jealous. That's just wicked great viz - our june dives off Hatteras were nothing like that. Glad you happened on the good stuff!

To be fair June was tough condition wise for everyone, this has been far from a banner year vis wise, but last Sunday we had 60+ ft of vis on the Proteus & 80ft on the Arrow.

To be fair June was tough condition wise for everyone, this has been far from a banner year vis wise, but last Sunday we had 60+ ft of vis on the Proteus & 80ft on the Arrow.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------break---------

I just told a buddy of mine who's got Capt Daves Lions Paw in Oct that I'm in. Better be frickin excellent viz then. Hope the seas aren't hopping tho...

Last edited:
awesome! video. i went out with scuba now this past weekend to the hyde and markham. the vis was great, tons of life both big and small. gonna try to get out next weekend or maybe this one if a slot open ups.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom