Queen Anne's revenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charleseawright

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, has anyone actually been to this boat? From what i have read about it, Seems like it could be accessable by anyone and its right off the ft. Macon state park? also what are the rules/laws for finding stuff

Cant take anything off of it as it and all wrecks nearshore are protected. The state is still activley processesing it and it's artifiacts. They cover it back up with sand when they are done. Contact the North Carolina underwater archealogical branch for more info.
North Carolina Office of State Archaeology

I have been on it. As Ryan said, it gets covered with sand when they are not actively working the wreck site (usually fall months). I believe that it is a prohibited site. Not much to see when I dove it - a couple of anchor flukes and part of a cannon. Lots of toadfish and sand dollars.

I think it's diving by permit only. However I think it's like New York City issuing concealed carry permits. The process is there for show only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom