2013 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks SEC for giving Ohio State Urban Meyer. He looks unstoppable, bad news for the big ten(especially Michigan)

Yeah, the SEC (especially the East) may have fallen into a lull but the proof of a quality team is how the stand up to another good team, not the over-paid practice teams.

The problem is that they like to claim that their losses come in conference because the conference is hard to play in, but most of their out of conference opponents are over-paid practice teams.

So far this year:
UGA played one good out of conference team and lost.
FL played one good out of conference team and lost.
USC hasn't played a good out of conference team but looked terrible against an over-paid practice team today.
Missouri hasn't played a good team yet so who knows if they are a good team.
Kentucky could be described as an over-paid practice team and lost to West Kentucky.
Tennessee has two losses against good teams, one of which was out of conference, and almost lost to an over-paid practice team today.
Vanderbilt is another over-paid practice team who hasn't played a decent out of conference team.

Personally, I hate that the SEC East is losing it's luster. The West seems to be full of the big/bad boys. But don't under estimate UGA or USC in the East. I love my Gators but they're not contenders this year.

---------- Post added September 28th, 2013 at 08:42 PM ----------

Trash Talk - like or dislike?

I was watching the LSU/UGA game and do not recall seeing any big-time trash talk after plays. There was once or twice I recall some walk-way mouthing, but mostly I think the players conducted themselves properly.

I am watching the UF/UK game and I'm seeing way too much 'in your face' mouthiness going on (mostly from the Gators.) Am I the only one who finds this inappropriate? I put this on the coaches' shoulders to ignore or fix as they see fit.

Personally, I hate that the SEC East is losing it's luster. The West seems to be full of the big/bad boys. But don't under estimate UGA or USC in the East. I love my Gators but they're not contenders this year.

I don't under estimate UGA and hope they go undefeated the rest of the season and end up in the championship game against my Tigers. Then Clemson can be the only team to beat them this year and can do it twice.

Well Bama might be ranked #1.... but they didn't put a touchdown on the board in the first half. I will have to say that Ole Miss defense played well the first half... and that scoreboard showed it.

You can also tell they ran out of steam the second half. Alabama may have shut out Ole Miss 25-0,, but in my opinion they didn't play like a #1 team or like it was for any Championship type game.

I think LSU could easily beat them. It will prob the the only defeat that Bama will have to deal with. (not that Texas A&M is done with). Auburn could improve and give competition.... but doesn't mean they'll get a win.

It'll be LSU or Bama (whoever wins that game Verses Georgia in Atlanta for the SEC Championship.

LSU has Bama and Texas A&M back to back..... that could be hard on them also. (and could knock them out of Atlanta if they loose to Texas A&M, with two conference losses. )

Sounds about right to me. Definitely going to be UGA from the East. I still favor Bama from the West, but they don't look as efficient as previous years.

Lane Kiffen is now available. LMAO

---------- Post added September 29th, 2013 at 08:08 AM ----------

My Huskies are looking good but I fear that is coming to a screeching halt. Stanford followed by Oregon equals 4 and 2 I'm afraid.

I hate Georgia but what a good game.

I hope Kiffin enjoys selling used cars. I can't think of any reputable team that would take him.

Back
Top Bottom