every time i go more 20 m i feel panic and I'm professional diver !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm 32 years, and yes also I'm trying to quit smoking
i smoke for 15 years i stop when i was 30. C mon you could do it ! Imagine the stress you put on your lung. Beside if it doesn't feel right to dive deep. Just don't do it anymore ! i did two dive this summer at 70 feet and that was it. Before or after those dive i stay under 30 feet max. No shame 😀

i smoke for 15 years i stop when i was 30. C mon you could do it ! Imagine the stress you put on your lung. Beside if it doesn't feel right to dive deep. Just don't do it anymore ! i did two dive this summer at 70 feet and that was it. Before or after those dive i stay under 30 feet max. No shame 😀
it's kind of my job .. and it's make me wonder because i tryid all the things here in the post already .. i think i will check heart doctor ..
wish you all the best

i know it sound silly but make sure you drink a lot of water before the dive. On my way to the dive site i will drink like 2 L. (it keep me warm after if you know what i mean 😂).

also i do a a lot of cardio training.

Cheers

i know it sound silly but make sure you drink a lot of water before the dive. On my way to the dive site i will drink like 2 L. (it keep me warm after if you know what i mean 😂).

also i do a a lot of cardio training.

Cheers
😅😅😅😅...
lucky me i don't dive in really cold water 😅😅
thank you for you kind reply 👌🙏

The last person I knew who developed this was a cave diver who really tried to control his breathing. He wouldn't call it skip breathing, but that's what it was. It turned out, he was being panicked by CO2 retention from not breathing enough.

For me it sounds like something with CO2, not getting narced, 20m is just shallow.
Poeple who say stay shallower, that is nice, but I will not be satisfied with a guide that is not diving deeper. If I guide stays at 20m, no problem, I will go to 40 then, and do my own dive. But I know what I am doing.
The problem with being a guide is that you must be able to dive to at least 30m, also inexperienced divers with an aow cert want to do that depths and if something happens, the guide must do his job.
So you must figure out what the reason is.

Have you done some solodiving? How do you feel on doing that? Even if it is just 10m? I think for divemasters it would be a good requirement if they have done some solodives. Then you know how you feel and if you can rescue yourself if needed.
I ask you about solodiving, because is it the responsibility of diving with a group or really just the depth?
Woman seem to become more careful when they get a child and are most times more careful than man. So it can also be something psychological you never are aware of. Did you guide very bad divers? Did something happen on a dive you guided?

How is the rest of your life treating you, are under any additional stress topside? Any time we dive we are entering an environment that could kill us, this induces a little stress, we get used to it, we get over it, we get past it, eventually we don't notice it. If your base line levels of stress hormones are elevated, the additional "stress" from divining may push you over the line and cause a release of adrenaline.

Try meditating before heading out to dive

I think we can safely discount witchcraft.

When I was a little kid, another kid told us that a tree across the way in the forest had an evil eye (or death eye, or something). We all stayed away from it, and lived, so there you are. Gotta avoid those things.

4) Psychological issue - unless there was some sort of emotional trauma that could have triggered such a reaction, I'd hold off on this possibility until you've explored the others.

I agree that any of the other things mentioned are more likely. However, I don’t think that psychological issues coming at midlife are necessarily a sign of trauma. Without even realizing it at first, I got claustrophobia somewhere around my late forties. Sometimes psychological things happen, and the fact one hasn’t had some type of more than run of the mill trauma does not mean that their brain hasn’t decided to start messing with them.

When I was a little kid, another kid told us that a tree across the way in the forest had an evil eye (or death eye, or something). We all stayed away from it, and lived, so there you are. Gotta avoid those things.

You folks are confusing "witchcraft" with "evil eye." They are not related to each other at all. May I suggest that if you don't know much about something, don't talk about it or make light of it.

hello friend's i have a big problem now and i need to get your opinions..
I'm a professional diver with more than +1000 dives, i went more than 40 and 50 meters many times... also i work as dive guide .
last few dives if i went more than 18 _ 20 meters i feel like I'm going to panic and heavy breathing and heart beating so fast ( some times i feel like i will run directly up )
and it fix when i go up for 12 _ 15 meters
it happend in separate times and in different dates ..
and i never had this befor I'm smoker and non alcoholic and i take no medicines.. i tried to stop smoke for cuple of days and went to dive again and same thing happened..
what do you think guys ?!
Just seeing this now, and I concur with those who suggest that it's likely related to CO2 buildup. It's possibly related to nitrogen narcosis, but that shallow I'd lean more toward CO2 retention. +1 on the advice to have your regulator serviced by a trained professional and get the intermediate pressure checked. Also, you're pretty young, but the effects of smoking on those of all ages are well-documented. I'm glad to hear that you'll see a physician to get checked out.

Best regards,
DDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom