Going to Cancun for 7 days, would like 1 day of diving in Cozumel too.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ponyman

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I'm going to Cancun for a week and planing on hitting all the key diving spots in Cancun.

As this is my 1st trip to Mexico, I feel i have to take 1 day (I hear its a really long day) and do the ferry thing so i can dive at least once in Cozumel.

What/where should i make sure to dive when i go? FELIPE XICOTANCATL C-53? Or should i make sure to goto a wall or somewhere else?

Thanks for any advise.

If you like wreck diving the Xicotencatl is a good option, but what I like the most about Cozumel are the walls.

My favorite diving spots there are:

Palancar Bricks
Santa Rosa
Colombia
Punta Sur (they'll charge you extra for this one)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ditto on Palancar Bricks - this is my favorite dive on Cozumel. Amazing coral structures, great swim throughs, and you can come out on the wall. Also, a chance now to see some Black Tip Reef Sharks.

BTW, why only 1 day in Cozumel? IMO, the diving off Cancun or anywhere on the Yucatan Coast can't touch Cozumel. Cancun has no attraction for me, but why not split the trip and spend 2 or 3 days staying on Cozumel? It makes the diving a whole lot easier than lugging your equipment across on the early Ferry, rushing to catch the dive boat, and having to lug it all back when you are done.

Back
Top Bottom