Black Friday Scuba Sales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with the exception of HOG, you are having some smoking deals, Jim! Hubby will give you a call when he gets some time away from work!
Which LDS?

Bill Jackson's 727-576-4169

They don't do anything online, the nuts. They have the Light & Motion Sola 600 for $260 through Sunday.

Thanks for that kelemvor!

Is it me or are others disappointed in this year's Black Friday offerings? It seems retailers were much more aggressive last year than this year.

Im not sure about last years prices but have not been overly wowed by this years offerings. I got excited about the whole Black Friday event. Being my first I busily got on various companies mailing lists but haven't seen anything special.

On a side note I learnt a lot about Black Friday from a recent two part South Park special, very educational lol...

beaverdivers is offering some great deals on Scubapro gear if anyone is interested. If you are looking for a deal that is not on his website call or PM him and he will take care of you. Excellent customer service and prices. I will definitely do business with him again!

beaverdivers.com
(970) 949-1012

I was expecting the same as last year and no I did not call. If I need to call then I can get the same deal any time of the year. With respect Jim, except for the wing the HOG deals are not all that great. I have seen better deals from DGX and Diver's Supply during the year.

I noticed last year that Black Friday prices were the same as prices had been a couple months earlier. It looked like retailers started slowly inflating their prices in October so that they could give "great" deals Black Friday. Black Friday just isn't what it used to be. This year the media caught on and I've seen a few stories on this practice. The retailers have been caught with their pants down. :wink: It's all a gimmick. Unfortunately, the public "buys" into it so retailers have to play if they want to stay in the game. But like you said, most of us will give you great deals any time of the year if you call.

I noticed last year that Black Friday prices were the same as prices had been a couple months earlier. It looked like retailers started slowly inflating their prices in October so that they could give "great" deals Black Friday. Black Friday just isn't what it used to be. This year the media caught on and I've seen a few stories on this practice. The retailers have been caught with their pants down. :wink: It's all a gimmick. Unfortunately, the public "buys" into it so retailers have to play if they want to stay in the game. But like you said, most of us will give you great deals any time of the year if you call.

Not to name names but I purchased HOG switchback regs in the $60 range a few months back now they are $100. The HOG wing is a deal though for $135, that is significantly cheaper than last year. Some retailers are taking their regular specials and calling them Black Friday specials and not giving free shipping. I will probably order from another vendor offering free shipping.

One thing I missed from last year was Diver's Supply giving 25% off any item. I think they called it create your own sale. I bought a Henderson Polartec skin on that deal.

As a shop one thing you need to consider is an impulse buy. I will probably purchase a HOG wing not because I need it but because it was inexpensive and I can rationalize it as a backup. It is human nature.

On a similar note, all scuba gear is incredibly expensive in Korea. Buying online is an option, but obviously shipping costs mount up and occasionally we get stung for import duties and taxes...

I will be returning to the UK over Christmas and I wondered whether, in your experience, Dive shops usually have New Year sales- I'm in the market for BCD and regulator but don't really want to pay over the odds if I can help it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom