Black Friday Scuba Sales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To an extent yes if you want to be real about it. At least with what dealers can advertise publicly. That's why you need to call them. Doesn't Beaver Divers have some Scuba Pro deals? If he does be glad that he can even offer what he is. Scuba Pro has been known to shut down dealers that go beyond what they are allowed to do. They are one of the companies that has not only minimum advertised pricing rules but minimum SELLING price as well. They find out a dealer gives someone say a 25% break without their OK? He's liable to lose his dealership.

I just saw a FB post from one shop offering Faber tanks at great prices. But you have to call to find out what they are.

Just what were you looking for or expecting? I have some great deals on regs, wings, etc.. And did you bother to call the places you looked and see what else they may have that is not advertised?
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I was expecting the same as last year and no I did not call. If I need to call then I can get the same deal any time of the year. With respect Jim, except for the wing the HOG deals are not all that great. I have seen better deals from DGX and Diver's Supply during the year.

---------- Post added November 29th, 2013 at 12:36 PM ----------

I noticed the same thing. I was hoping to get a deal on a few scubapro regs.

Check with Beaverdivers. Although his posts are sometimes annoying his prices seem good. Black Frday

I have a whole section in my book on pricing policies in the Scuba business. There are some companies that feel they do not need to offer discounts beyond say 10% or so because of their reputation. Anyone who has worked in a shop for any length of time knows this. It's like an open secret in the LDS's. Divers don't usually find out about how it works unless they ask. They are certainly not told by the LDS. And that's why I discuss it. Because it's one of those things that I feel new divers need to know. And also why I have not been able to get my book into dive shops. They don't want you to know the stuff that's in there.

I noticed a similar statement about calling for non-advertised specials from Scubatoys. Are the various Scuba manufactures that aggressive about controlling the 'authorized’ dealers pricing?

I think that's the issue here - MAP pricing is the the controlling factor and ultimately out of the retailer's hands. That's why we see multiple outlets selling the same things for the same prices, I guess the other manufacturers just aren't in the mood (or unable) to play.

---------- Post added November 29th, 2013 at 12:36 PM ----------

Check with Beaverdivers. Although his posts are sometimes annoying his prices seem good. Black Frday[/QUOTE]

I looked at his site. I didn't see anything that interested me. Ill just keep my eye out for a few used ones.

I just saw a FB post from one shop offering Faber tanks at great prices. But you have to call to find out what they are.

Last year Fabers were going for: LP95 $265, HP 100 $270, HP 117 $280. (yes, I keep the pricing emails).

Is it me or are others disappointed in this year's Black Friday offerings? It seems retailers were much more aggressive last year than this year.

Agree 100%!!!

I was prepared to possibly grab another wing, plate, harness and possibly another deco reg. Last few years were MUCH better. I usually spend a good bit this time every year - BUT - this year is dissapointing

Is it me or are others disappointed in this year's Black Friday offerings? It seems retailers were much more aggressive last year than this year.
Have you checked our deals?

Black Friday Hot Deals

Many are around 50% OFF!

---------- Post added November 29th, 2013 at 01:54 PM ----------

Check with Beaverdivers. Although his posts are sometimes annoying his prices seem good. Black Frday
Thanks for finding us!

Do you have anymore used mk25/s600's or Scubapro Tech bag - 2013 model. I would be interested in a few each if they were available.
Yes, I do have more used MK25/S600. I am out of the 2013 tech bag, but will give you a deal on the 2014 Tech bag w/ purchase of a used reg!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom