DRIS 1000 still best of this style?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally I like a hot spot in the middle and a fairly narrow light beam, especially at night. This allows a dive team to communicate easily with light signals. Then again I bring my 21 watt HID everywhere. Although I prefer my friends home built 25 watt LED for night diving as it has a perfect amount of spill with a nice hot center spot.

SEAC just released 3 new lights at DEMA this week. They are impressive. They now have the R10, R6, and R2. All are aluminum construction with electromagnetic switch. They use AA batteries (AAA for the R2) and have minimum 2 hour burn. They also have different power settings. The R10 is 900 lumen, the R6 is 620 lumen, and the R2 is 292 lumen rated. And they have fantastic prices! We also took an R1 and through it about 30 feet away so it crashed down on the floor and it continued to work. This demonstration has been done several times a day the past couple of days. Yes I do sell these but I sell them because I think they're a great product.

Here's a link for the specifications - SEAC : Chipola Divers, Sidemount, Technical, & Cave Diving Instruction & Mentoring

Don't forget my Scubaboard discount of 10%.

I've used mine above water with no issues, including lighting up my way back to the boat launch after sunset. We're talking about a 10-15 minute boat ride. The light did fine.

Has anybody come up with a viable way to clip this light to their belt?
I saw a couple of options on the web, that primarily are used for other flashlights.
I have ordered the 2 potential options.
Will let you know if either are good to go.
Please if you have a solution, please let me know...

Back
Top Bottom