Study Buddy or tutor needed in Chiba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

HELP!!

I have a friend who is trying to do her on-line course, for open water diving, before going to Hawaii to do the pool and ocean dives. She is having a difficult time and needs a study companion who can help her complete the course.

IF you are able to meet her in/near Chiba Station or Makuhari area, please let me know. She can probably meet in or near Tokyo on her days off as well.

she is Japanese, speaks OK english, works long hours and is worried she cannot pass the course...

THANK YOU for any help you may be able to provide.

Matt

Hey Matt,
if she can't find anyone I can help her out with skype or LINE. I speak a small amont of Japanese. Also, is she setup with a shop when she goes to Hawaii. If she's going to Oahu...I have friends that work for 3 different dive opts there. Sure we can find someone who speaks Japanese for her if she doesn't have something set up already. (just send me a message)
I'm guessing she wants to do it in the warmer waters of Hawaii? There is a big dive area, Atami, only a couple of hours away from Chiba.

I work around Tokyo station and would be happy to help.... Just helped somebody similar pass the online test.

Will send you PM with my email addy

I don't think that really fits with the spirit of a certification. Why don't you suggest the student diver take PADI E-Learning in Japanese? Have her work with the shop she plans to do her check out dives with. If that does not work, work with an instructor old school manual and direct instruction.

Why against spirit? With help, I do mean help study, not take final test instead of her. Even then, the certifying dive shop has to do a quick test and review of body of knowledge before starting confined water. It will show the student didn't complete test herself. It's an overall good system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom