Why Do YOU Love Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being in the tech field it's a great way to be forced off-line :)

Give it another few decades and I bet we'll start hearing iPhone ringtones go off mid-dive from other divers. There is already underwater iPad housings in the works :p

Give it another few decades and I bet we'll start hearing iPhone ringtones go off mid-dive from other divers. There is already underwater iPad housings in the works :p

I can just picture divers ramming into coral heads because they were too busy texting!

i dive because I love the reefs and it is my escape from a high pace job and the D.C. area. I have never once thought about work or anything else other than the dive when I hit the deflator button.

As per some of those above I was highly influenced by Mike Nelson. On some of my early dives one of my buddies or I would spuriously start humming the theme from "Sea Hunt" during the dive.

I always loved the feeling of weightlessness (buoyancy) and the feel that I'm flying from one place to another at will. I get untold joy from purposely hanging upside down effortlessly just for fun. I also love the feeling of discovery from finding sunken stuff, sea life, or even just rock ledges or odd places underwater.

Then there's just the outright beauty of the sea life. There is no end to the colors of fish and other animals underwater, but one of my favorites isn't the most colorful. Gray Angelfish are amazing to me.

DFB

Somehow I find it very relaxing and exhilarating at the same time! I love the sense of being in the water (even cold murky New England lakes and ocean).

Decades??? Won't be any texting then either--15 new things will have replaced it.

I love scuba diving as it has caused me to travel to places I never would have otherwise, meet wonderful people with same passion for the ocean and provided quality time with family learning and laughing together. I love diving as it is completely unpredictable as to what you will see or experience, what challenges will present themselves when you least expect it so causes me to be fully engaged in the moment, not on auto-pilot. Some of the things you see defy description and only another diver understands who has been there. Diving opens the doors to so many varied environments a lifetime is not enough to explore them all. Hanging motionless in glittering sunbeams surrounded by dolphins...what's not to love?

It's my chance to leave the dry-land Earth so familiar to all of us and escape to the real water planet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom