Drysuit quick replacement seals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ergo46

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a Seac Warmdry with neoprene seals. Is there any kits that work like the DUI Zipseals?

Interesting question. I have never seen any quick replacement system for neoprene seals.

Interesting question. I have never seen any quick replacement system for neoprene seals.

Reason is probably because neoprene doesn't suffer from the drawbacks that latex and silicone do. Specifically, that they're prone to being ripped. The main reason for quick replacement seals is so that you can swap them out if a rip occurs on a trip. And w. neoprene, you probably don't need the solution if the problem is unlikely. (Neoprene also doesn't degrade the way latex inevitably does. The drawback to neoprene, however, is that it doesn't seal as well as the other two types.)

I've actually glued (replaced) latex seals onto DUI zip seals and it worked very well. Don't see why it wouldn't work for neoprene. Just get some old zip seals, cut off the old seal material, save the zip seal base, then glue neoprene seals on it.

I've actually glued (replaced) latex seals onto DUI zip seals and it worked very well. Don't see why it wouldn't work for neoprene. Just get some old zip seals, cut off the old seal material, save the zip seal base, then glue neoprene seals on it.
That's a good idea, but I beleive that DUI won't sell the rings unless your'e a dealer. Si Tech sells a ring system that you could probably use to retrofit a neoprene seal onto a zip system. I think Bare also sells a ring system, but for gloves. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom