waiting for water to warm up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba1028

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hello live in southeast Michigan and chomping at the bit waiting for water to warm up so I can do check out dives,when that happens I am hoping to find a few dive buddies that would not mind diving with a newbie

scooter1, Once you are set to go, you will find dive buddies for sure. Just, take your time, keep an open mind and enjoy. As far as diving with newbie's.....we were all there once.. no worries, it will all work out. :cool3: Also, once you are ready for a trip, do think about perhaps visiting Cozumel. The bunch of us that hang out there are always happy to see newcomers !!! Just be forewarned...we can be rather passionate about "our" Cozumel, however, after trying it out, you will understand why.... Best wishes to you scooter !!!

Sue Sue..aka "Double S"

If you ever want to dive around the U.P look me up I am fairly new myself and in need of a dive buddy! I live in the Soo and dive as often as I can. I am hoping to find another newbie to dive some of the less technical wrecks in the straits this summer.

Thanks for the offer i will look u up when i travel that way

And I'm just north of Ann Arbor in the Brighton area. Couple places to dive over that way, if you ever want to make the hour drive let me know!

I'm in Oak Park and am always looking to dive. Let me know if/when you'd like to go and I'll dive with you.

Hi scooter1, Double S is right - you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a dive buddy. It looks like you have a few offers already but it's good to know that when you're ready to travel, most dive operators will help you find a buddy or pair you with a local dive master. Also, if you're looking for buddies at home or away from home, check out a divers "meet-up" group. There is a fun group of folks that dive Cozumel every year with Bonnie Pelnar. She hosts a photo workshop each year at Scuba Club Cozumel. You'd definitely find new buddies in that group. Fun bunch of very nice people.

Happy Diving!

thanks I will let u all know when I finish my ow which should not be to long water is starting to warm up

---------- Post added June 5th, 2014 at 07:13 PM ----------

thanks double s I will do that I will take all the information I can

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom