Need advice on new boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunshinecat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I’ve been using high top 6.5 mm boots and want to get some new boots that are more suitable to tropical diving and that don’t take up as much room in a carryon bag. I tried some boots recently (Caribbean Boot) and the back of the boot rubbed my Achilles area raw, so I returned them. Do lower cut boots tend to rub the ankles more, or did I just pick the wrong boot? Is there an advantage to using a high top boot if I don’t need the thermal protection? I just purchased the Aeris Accel fins in size XS, so if anyone has recommendations for comfortable low-top boots for someone with small feet I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

I use the Seasoft Sunray in tropical water and love them. My rub spot previously formed on the knuckles of my big toes, and on the tops of my feet, but that problem has gone away since switching from cheap booties to these.

SEASOFT SUNRAY? 3 mm Half Top Booties

-B

I’ve been using high top 6.5 mm boots and want to get some new boots that are more suitable to tropical diving and that don’t take up as much room in a carryon bag. I tried some boots recently (Caribbean Boot) and the back of the boot rubbed my Achilles area raw, so I returned them. Do lower cut boots tend to rub the ankles more, or did I just pick the wrong boot? Is there an advantage to using a high top boot if I don’t need the thermal protection? I just purchased the Aeris Accel fins in size XS, so if anyone has recommendations for comfortable low-top boots for someone with small feet I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

If you do not absolutely need a heavy rubberized sole for walking over sharp rocks on the way to the dive site, dive socks rather than dive boots may be more comfortable. We offer a yamamoto rubber sock in 3 and 5 mm.

If your current fins work well with a 6.5 mm boot, then I would suggest the 5 mm socks (for fit rather than warmth).

MAKO Freedive Socks "Yamamoto"

MYFS-2.jpg

Thanks

Dano

Converse chuck Taylor's, you could add a neoprene sock if you want more cushy comfort. Pack small and light, easy to recognize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom