New/Updated Fins from Scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Scubapro is releasing new/updated 4 versions of fins:

1. S-TEK FIN:
The S-Tek Fin is a purpose-built, next-gen technical diving fin providing maximum power when you need it. Constructed of durable Monprene® for maximum durability and designed with an ultra-streamlined profile, the S-Tek Fin’s 30º pre-angled blade requires less deflection to achieve the desired angle of attack for an efficient kick. This allows for a stiffer blade without increasing drag, thereby reducing leg cramps and ankle strain while delivering unbeatable maneuverability and alternate kick performance. In particular, the S-Tek Fin excels in frog kicks, backward kicks and helicopter turns, plus produces a high-torque flutter kick.

(For more information on these fins, please check the following thread:

2. TWIN JET II:
This new split fin is constructed of single material thermoplastic rubber to increase durability and maximise kicking performance while minimizing leg and ankle stress.

PATENTED SPLIT FIN “PROPELLER TECHNOLOGY”
Produces more propulsion with considerably less effort than most traditional blades.

SEMI-RIGID SIDE RAILS
Improve stability through the kicking cycle.

MODERN FOOT POCKET
Offers an extended soleplate to enhance kicking power without wasting energy.

VERSATILE BUCKLE SYSTEM
Comes with standard straps and quick-release buckles. Also compatible with bungee and steel spring straps.

SizeSMLXL
Weight in kg1,541,792,112,39

1684268860293.png

3. GO SPORT GORILLA:
While identical in design to the GO Sport Fin, the Gorilla features a slightly stiffer blade and heavy-duty bungee, providing that extra umph for experienced divers maneuvering through demanding conditions. It is an excellent choice for public safety and professional services divers.

◊ Built with a higher-grade Monprene® to provide more stiffness for experienced divers.

◊ Open heel “Boot-Fit” design features the upgraded heavy-duty bungee strap that allows for micro-adjustments to accommodate different boot types.

◊ 25° pre-angled blade with a Central Power Panel provides longitudinal rigidity and creates a channeling effect.

◊ Power Bars on the underside of the rails prevent over flex to maintain the optimum angle of attack.

◊ Features Black Heel Grips and Black Skegs.

SizeXSSMLXL
Weight in kg1.151.301.501.651.80

1684269123323.png

4. GO FIN:
(I think that it is only new colors not new version here)
1684269201032.png

I see these new Gorilla Go Sports! Thanks, you just spent some more of my dwindling scuba dedicated money. My one and only minor complaint of the Go Sport is that if I really lay into them to accelerate, especially pushing my camera, the root section would slightly buckle. The Gorilla will solve that issue at hopefully only a minor weight gain. If the new Gorrila is substantially heavier then I will stick with the Go Sport which I still say is the BEST FIN EVER :wink:.

I see these new Gorilla Go Sports! Thanks, you just spent some more of my dwindling scuba dedicated money. My one and only minor complaint of the Go Sport is that if I really lay into them to accelerate, especially pushing my camera, the root section would slightly buckle. The Gorilla will solve that issue at hopefully only a minor weight gain. If the new Gorrila is substantially heavier then I will stick with the Go Sport which I still say is the BEST FIN EVER :wink:.
GoSport is an excellent fin but in cold water with a lot of drag from gear the can fall a little short, really great in warmer water and the new gorilla version may fill the gap.

and orange!

GoSport is an excellent fin but in cold water with a lot of drag from gear the can fall a little short, really great in warmer water and the new gorilla version may fill the gap.

and orange!
I am so excited about the orange 🍊 part, I am ordering one 😺

Sorry if I missed fine print, but any word on the revised Go Sport buoyancy? I just did 35 dives in Roatan with the regular Go Sports and I was very happy with them. Frog kicks were good and if I needed to cover some distance, flutter kick was strong IMO. Full disclosure, this was in a rash guard and jammers though.

Sorry if I missed fine print, but any word on the revised Go Sport buoyancy? I just did 35 dives in Roatan with the regular Go Sports and I was very happy with them. Frog kicks were good and if I needed to cover some distance, flutter kick was strong IMO. Full disclosure, this was in a rash guard and jammers though.

I don't have any information so far. I'll send an email to SP asking them for details if I remember :)

I do not believe we will get the Go Sport Gorilla in North America. Here we pay more and get less choice. They want us to buy the higher $ fins.

I do not believe we will get the Go Sport Gorilla in North America. Here we pay more and get less choice. They want us to buy the higher $ fins.
You mean that we have more choices in Libya than what you have in the US of A?????????????????

I feel great now :p

No Scubapro Monprene XXL Fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom