New Dive Site from boat or shore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seriously? The big round thing on the beach just north of the airport road? A little south of the Quinta Maya, the house they let the Prez use.

I think there is nothing but sand out there by those wrecks. Always wanted to dive them, but after going back to the C53, I am put off on wrecks.

I kinda miss Love. It was nice to crash with the windows open and listen to the music from Love. Just the right distance to get just the right volume.

Oh, ok, I know where that's at. All my years going to the island, I've never been on a boat north of downtown, so I'm not familiar with what it's like up there.

Christi used to talk about going to Love all the time, & pics from there looked like it was a great sunset bar, but I never had the opportunity.

The area is flat and in about 35 ft of water. If you go to the wall, it is at around 100ft there and deeper. The use of a buoy is highly recommended due to the boat traffic and now jet skis in the area. It is a work dive at times if the currents are fast so strong swimming and navigational skills if done from shore.

Christi used to talk about going to Love all the time, & pics from there looked like it was a great sunset bar, but I never had the opportunity.

Well in fairness, I never made it over there and it would have been an easy way. I just enjoyed the music from home, which I imagine contributed to it closing. A new name is on the place now. Sunset, maybe? It seems they are trying to run a beach club out of it. My SiL took the kids over there to snorkel a couple years and said it was decent snorkeling.

Earlier this year when we were there it was open as Sunset. Haven't tried it yet, but we use to enjoy Love late at night when some places in town had closed.

Well in fairness, I never made it over there and it would have been an easy way. I just enjoyed the music from home, which I imagine contributed to it closing. A new name is on the place now. Sunset, maybe? It seems they are trying to run a beach club out of it. My SiL took the kids over there to snorkel a couple years and said it was decent snorkeling.

Ok, I know where Sunset is, actually I think there are 2 of them, one up north and one down south along the "public beach" area. I stopped into the one up north this May for a cerveza to go for the Mrs.

Well thanks for keeping the music on!

The only times we were there really late was during Carnivals after the parades.

Well, what did you think of it?

The Hooliganz had after dive lunch & margs there. The food was pretty good & the margs were great. We are pretty picky about margs too thanks to Alison.

The Hooliganz had after dive lunch & margs there. The food was pretty good & the margs were great. We are pretty picky about margs too thanks to Alison.

Oh, holding out on me I see..... :)

Back
Top Bottom