Philippine Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Augustus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Looking for suggestions for a trip in late 2015 somewhere in the Phillipines. We are all experienced divers having been to Cocos Palau and Indonesia to name a few. Looking for a mixture of reef and pelagics but not from a land based operation. I looked over tabbataha which looks very nice but the dates don't work. Any suggestions to point me in the direction to begin the research. Thanks in advance.

I would go with Siren Fleet. Some people from my LDS did a trip on their boats and were very satisfied.

Hi Augustus

I'd opt for Siren Fleet. I used to work on the Philippine Siren - its a great boat and the crew are very good.

Depending on when your specific travel dates are they have different options in the Visayas area which is mostly macro+whale sharks but some trips also include Malapascua for the thresher sharks and mantas. The reefs in the area are stunning and the critters plentiful but there is not so much in the way of pelagic action - certainly not the level you would have experienced in the other destinations you mention. If Pelagics are a must then you might be better off saving a trip to the Philippines until you can go during Tubbataha season (mid Feb- Mid June) and think about an alternative for 2015 like Fiji??

depending on the group size the Siren liveaboards offer deals, either full charter (16) or half charter (8).

Any other recommendations for a budget traveler? I am specifically looking to go in December 2015. Everything I am finding seems to be on the luxurious side.

thanks for the info. will keep doing my research. Only 4 of us so no half charter.

Thank you CAPTAIN SINBAD and Nudisusie for recommending us :kiss2:

Augustus, if you really want to dive the Philippines at the end of 2015, then I would suggest you to go to Southern Visayas. There, you will see schools of sardines, tunas, and barracudas as well as a lot of macro, healthy reefs and a great muck diving at Dauin – something that I recommend you if you haven’t experienced it before. It is also a great area to see whales sharks and, if you go to Malapascua, thresher sharks + mantas.
Have a look to our trips blogs for further information: Philippines - Siren Fleet
As images worth more than 1000 words, here is a video!

thanks I will check it out. I think I am spoiled for mantas after Socorro though.

Hello Augustus,

We could recommend you one of the 6 live aboard we work with :

Discovery I & II and Siren for Apo Reef/Coron
Discovery I & II, Vasco, Atlantis, Seadoors and Siren for Tubbataha
Seadoors and Siren for Visayas

They are all different ships with different categories, schedules and rates…

Please visit our website www.BuceoFilipinas.com for more information and email us for any additional details you may need…

Thanks and warmest regards :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom