Late December Diving Destination: Palau, Solomon, Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travel to/within the Phillipines can be time consuming and a pain sometimes, but still might be easier and cheaper than Indonesia. Of course it depends on your destination(s) within the country. I think Philippines is definitely worth checking out if you haven’t yet.

It’s been quite awhile for us but the Ocean Hunter 3 was a very good operation when we did it. We stayed in one of those upper deck master cabins, it was huge for a LOB cabin and definitely the way to go if you can get one. (Unless they changed something they cooled the kitchen by refrigerating the adjacent lounge, so take something warm to hang out in!)

Got back from Palau on the Rock Island aggressor a few weeks ago. It was a fantastic trip. Staff was great, the boat was good, the Diving was the best I've ever seen.

snapper spawning ain't worth it. you have to wake up at an ungodly hour to get ready and on the boat because its like a 6am dive, its dim AF so unless you are shooting full frame you can't get enough light for good pics/video, and the whole claim it brings in big sharks is pretty BS.

Totally worth it for me. Check out my trip report, Trip Report - December 24-31, 2017 Palau Trip Report and this video by Brad Erisman 👍👍👍

I haven't been to the Solomons or the PI, but we did a cruise on the Palau Siren over New Years last year. Palau incredibly clean. There's a lot of current, and a lot of our dives involved hooking-in at the top of current-swept walls and watching the big stuff.

We had a lot of warm rain.

I dove in tech shorts and a rash guard.

The historical tour of Peleliu was fantastic. We went into caves on Bloody Nose Ridge.

I made three videos of our trip. We started the wreck dive by swimming through a large hole in the bow from a torpedo blast.

made three videos of our trip. We started the wreck dive by swimming through a large hole in the bow from a torpedo blast.
did you read beldrigds trip report of the IJN Sata?- the upside down tanker

did you read beldrigds trip report of the IJN Sata?- the upside down tanker
I just read it, and had a good laugh.

I never understood why wreck divers are so adamantly opposed to running a guideline when they penetrate.

Back
Top Bottom