SCUBA Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is very difficult to use other dive ops when staying at SCC. You have already paid for SCC dives and other ops do not pick up at the SCC pier. But you can walk next door to the HC pier.

Good to mention that but I did not see that SCC was already booked. There are beaucoup places to stay besides SCC if that place does not meet his needs.

I agree with the I-man on the keys being better for the junior diver.

Took my kids there first.

The keys might be better for a junior diver, but considering your dates, I'm not sure you will get in the water in the Keys in January. I have had bad luck trying to dive in the Keys in January/February. Might of been my bad luck. Also, consider the water temp that time of the year .

I like SCC, been there 7-8 times. Their 2 tank boats typically dive 80/60 ft for the first dive, 60/40ft for the second. Since depth is an issue, contact them, asking for only 60/40 ft. I think they will accomediate you, but ask to be sure they will.

I hope you have a great time regardless of the choice you make Tom

A bad day in Cozumel is better than a good day in Florida.

For me, scuba vacations to Coz are far cheaper than a trip to Florida. And the diving is much better, the food is much better and the lodging is better.

I've been going to Scuba Club for years, would not even consider going anywhere else while in Cozumel.

There are nice shore dives from Scuba Club that range from easy/beginner to rigorous/very advanced.

The night dives on Paradise Reef (an optional dive offered by everyone in Cozumel) is THE best night diving you'll ever see. I've done night dives on the Great Barrier Reef, Bonaire, New England, Central America, Asia, etc., and Paradise Reef is the best.

I think folks are forgetting there's a 10 year old Jr OWD involved.

Key Largo wins hands down for easy-peasy diving. If you're diving 30-40' in Key Largo, there is no current.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A bad day in Cozumel is better than a good day in Florida...

Quite a sweeping generalization, I would disagree. To each their own

I would say "any day diving with your 10 yo is better than a good day playing video games sitting on the couch.

Current, there's the rub. The first time we went to Cozumel for drift diving (gasp), we were warned about how difficult and dangerous it was going to be. WRONG! We learned to dive in Southern California with my 14 year old son. In SoCal, you dive alone - the DM stays on the boat - and have to navigate/swim back to the boat at the end of the dive. In Cozumel, you drop in the water, float along in the current until it's time to come up, and, at that point, the boat comes and picks you up. Nothing to it! I put my son behind the DM and told him to watch and learn; if the DM kicks, you kick, if he breathes, you breathe. I have only good memories of taking my young son to Cozumel on our first big dive trip. IHMO, you shouldn't let "current" make the choice for you.

The night dives on Paradise Reef (an optional dive offered by everyone in Cozumel) is THE best night diving you'll ever see. I've done night dives on the Great Barrier Reef, Bonaire, New England, Central America, Asia, etc., and Paradise Reef is the best.
Hmm. I see your "Asia" experiences are limited to Thailand and South Korea. I'm not at all familiar with South Korea diving and honestly never heard of anyone else who's bothered to dive there, but I've had more interesting night dives in the Andaman Sea than on Paradise. Of course I've had far more interesting night dives in Indonesia than even those in Thailand, but if you've already seen THE best, don't bother.

Back
Top Bottom