Aee s70

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought one of these. They are similar to the GoPros. Has anyone gone diving with theirs yet? They look really well made and the dive housing is rated for 100 meters. I bought mine for the price, the larger battery capacity and the 16MP still pictures that it takes. I can't wait to try it out under water.

For those thinking about buying one...
Make sure you get the 100 meter housing. The black housing is the 100 meter housing. Some come with only a 10 meter housing. The Amazon descriptions are not very accurate.

Also, if you get the camera; make sure to get the updated firmware. Mine came with B.EB.09. It had a slow start up and would not accept the 65gb memory card. The latest firmware is C.xx.xx. Customer service was able to send me a link to the new firmware with instruction.

Google pnjcam its a French sites forum with all the info you want on the are s70. Google chrome will translate it to English for you. Also look at all the videos on YouTube from DandyDan he is the expert on that forum and had also developed adapters using a 3D printer for adding filters..

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

I just bought one of these. They are similar to the GoPros. Has anyone gone diving with theirs yet? They look really well made and the dive housing is rated for 100 meters. I bought mine for the price, the larger battery capacity and the 16MP still pictures that it takes. I can't wait to try it out under water.

For those thinking about buying one...
Make sure you get the 100 meter housing. The black housing is the 100 meter housing. Some come with only a 10 meter housing. The Amazon descriptions are not very accurate.

Also, if you get the camera; make sure to get the updated firmware. Mine came with B.EB.09. It had a slow start up and would not accept the 65gb memory card. The latest firmware is C.xx.xx. Customer service was able to send me a link to the new firmware with instruction.

Katch, I recently bought the AEE S70 and just updated the firmware to 5.14 yesterday. I've seen some references to 9.23 but have been unable to find out where to download it from or if this is in fact the latest version. I really like the camera but am very disappointed in the availability of accessories and support, although support seems to be good if you speak French. The sound on mine is just terrible, very weak and not very clear at all. This is not a show stopper as I'll mostly use if for underwater video and will add music. Have you done any editing and if so what application do you use. I have a MAC so I've been playing around with iMovie. Do you mind sharing your experience with this camera? Filters, lights etc... I'm just getting started with underwater video. Thanks, Jeff

Back
Top Bottom