Petrel 2 released!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Years ago, I bought a new Dell PC, a 486 with 33 MHz processor. The very next day they started advertising a new 66 MHz processor. I called and they said it was too late to change the order because it had already been delivered to my house. Sure enough, I got home and it was there. I could have sent it back, but I would have to pay shipping, which was no small thing on such a beast. You think they could have told me when I was placing the order a day earlier. With something as small as a Petrel, I would eat the cost and exchange it.

Anyhow, I got lucky this time. I was on the fence with the Petrel and my indecision paid off. I got ship notification on the P2 already...

I ordered and received my predator about one month before the petrel was released. I called shearwater but they wouldn't offer me any options to upgrade except but a petrel at full price. I don't really blame them though.

Yeah, that's not how any of this works. If you don't like what you bought, sell it on here or ebay and buy what you do want.

Dr Lecter, what do you think of the new compass, and the P2 generally?

Dr Lecter, what do you think of the new compass, and the P2 generally?

No opinion on the compass, the BT improvement is nice. I won't be trading my earlier Petrel in for a P2 unless I decide to stop diving my backup computer on my right arm and put it on my DPV, though. And I'm not sure the P2's compass would be large enough to be better at that than the Sea Rover I have mounted on the nose of the DPV now.

Probably best for me to just ditch the Predator controller I have now and buy a NERD. Expensive toy, though.

I have a couple of computers with compasses...but I seem alway gravitate to mr wrist mounted compass on bungy cord.

I love my Petrel. It seems that the only real change with the P2 is the compass. I've used several DCs with an integrated compass and always come back to my old analog compass on my wrist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom