Perdix 1 Not Connecting to iPhone 14 Pro Max/Shearwater Cloud Other Shearwaters OK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

serpentara

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Folks,

I finally made the switch to an iPhone after a decade of Android products.

I have spent the last several days downloading apps and getting it setup. I am now on my loyal Shearwater computers. I have 3. The Petrel 2 controller for my rebreather and Nerd 2 connected to the iPhone 14 Pro Max/Shearwater Cloud no problems. My Petrel 1 did not. It did not even show up on my Bluetooth list when I did a general scan outside of the Shearwater app. I tried switching the UI to the older view in the app per their troubleshooting recommendation and it did not work.

I then fired up an old Android phone, and yeah, it worked just fine.

So the issue seems to be the iPhone 14 Pro and Petrel 1 and nothing else. Any ideas? I hate to have to pull out an old Android phones every time I want to update my dive logs.

Thanks,

Drew

"Report" your own post and ask the modes to move it to the Shearwater forum, where they will see it.

Hi Folks,

I finally made the switch to an iPhone after a decade of Android products.

I have spent the last several days downloading apps and getting it setup. I am now on my loyal Shearwater computers. I have 3. The Petrel 2 controller for my rebreather and Nerd 2 connected to the iPhone 14 Pro Max/Shearwater Cloud no problems. My Petrel 1 did not. It did not even show up on my Bluetooth list when I did a general scan outside of the Shearwater app. I tried switching the UI to the older view in the app per their troubleshooting recommendation and it did not work.

I then fired up an old Android phone, and yeah, it worked just fine.

So the issue seems to be the iPhone 14 Pro and Petrel 1 and nothing else. Any ideas? I hate to have to pull out an old Android phones every time I want to update my dive logs.

Thanks,

Drew

There was a bulletin or note about it somewhere.

The petrel 1 uses an older version of blutooth that doesn't work with newer apple devices. Doesn't work with apple laptops ether.

The petrel 1 uses an older version of blutooth that doesn't work with newer apple devices. Doesn't work with apple laptops ether.

Yeah you are right. From Richard:

Hi Drew,

Petrel 1's have the old-style Bluetooth and will not work with new technology.

Firmware updates don't go past Version 72 in the Petrel 1.

You'll have to use a laptop or PC to download your dives.

Richard

Yeah, you are right. From Richard:

Hi Drew,

Petrel 1's have the old-style Bluetooth and will not work with new technology.

Firmware updates don't go past Version 72 in the Petrel 1.

You'll have to use a laptop or PC to download your dives.

Richard

Is it too late to return that iPhone?

Apple has never given a rats ass about compatibility. There too many great Android phones out there to put up with Apples lack of care in their customers investment in existing hardware.

Yup, I have an old pixel that I use to talk to my petrel 1, despite being an iPhone daily user.

Is it too late to return that iPhone?

Apple has never given a rats ass about compatibility. There too many great Android phones out there to put up with Apples lack of care in their customers investment in existing hardware.
Heh part of the reason I switched was because I bought a Pixel 6 that hardly worked with ANYTHING. It would not connect to my Logic Dive Gear Genesis DPV reliably. It would not connect to my Retra strobes reliably. The iPhone just immediately works with them all. I have to give Apple credit where credit is due. Had the damn Pixel worked, I never would have upgraded.

Hell the Pixel 6 wouldn't even run the DJI drone app!

Maybe once I hit 1000 dives on the Petrel I will finally retire it. The Petrel 1 is 8 or so years old and is no longer receiving firmware updates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom