Dive Housing for Hero 4 Silver so you can see screen???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So are the fears about using the Hero 4 Silver's stock housing deeper justified? Any actual reports of depth related failures?

The stock housing has been working great for me at shallower depths, so I'm wondering whether all this trouble with alternate solutions is really warranted.

I've used the standard case in shallow water with great results. My current setup has a flip 3.1 filter system which doesn't fit on the standard housing. I believe the standard has a glass lens so that shouldn't be an issue. I guess if you have the right filters the regular case would probably work fine up to 130'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added December 24th, 2014 at 09:44 AM ----------

How'd you get that off lol I just ripped the foam doing it.... but good solution!!

i just peel it off gently, clean with alcoohol isopropilic ( sorry about writting) to get the glue off and clear the plastic withut messing it.A small part of the foam get damaged, no problem.

I've used the standard case in shallow water with great results. My current setup has a flip 3.1 filter system which doesn't fit on the standard housing.

My flip 3.1 fits the standard Hero 4 Silver housing using the spacer that came with it. Maybe you just need to get that plastic spacer from Backscatter?

So are the fears about using the Hero 4 Silver's stock housing deeper justified? Any actual reports of depth related failures?

The stock housing has been working great for me at shallower depths, so I'm wondering whether all this trouble with alternate solutions is really warranted.

It "should" be ok at depths up to 120'-130' ish. I wouldn't push it much deeper than that being that's what it is rated at. The seal on the actual dive housing is thicker so I feel a bit more comfortable taking it deeper.

Back
Top Bottom