Switchblade2.0-GoPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sask

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am taking my Xmas present Hero 4 diving at the end of the month. I want to get a filter, has anyone had experience with the Switchblade 2.0?

I'd like to know more about switchblade2.0 as well. I'm still deciding which red filter to get for my next trip.

I have the switchblade 1.0, it provides very good results, however the quality of the frame is very poor. Mine is being held together with a rubber band.

I ended up buying the Flip 3.1 from Backscatter as the reviews were not that great for the Switchblade. In about 2 weeks I will get it wet and see how it looks. The man I dealt with at Backscatter was extremely helpful.

I am still trying to decide between the flip & SRP's red filter

I am a somewhat experienced underwater videographer, and I still like my Canon camera with the L&M Housing.

However, it is simply getting to be too much of a hassle to travel with the bigger rig. Consequently, I may be making the jump to GoPro.

I bought the book thinking it might save me some $$ in the long run by helping me to know what I want before I buy. I have only read a few chapters, and it has already shortened my learning curve significantly.

I recommend it, particularly to GoPro newbies (like me).

I am still trying to decide between the flip & SRP's red filter

I have used both. The Snake River Prototyping stuff is really well made; I own one of their trays and the screw on filter for my GoPro Hero 2.

With that being said, I prefer the Backscatter Flip 3.1 filter system since it allows you to take filter off on surface and underwater as well as switch very easily between different colored lens.

Back
Top Bottom