Cancun Airport to Puerto Adventures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I searched kayak and found rentals from eurocar a small 5 passenger for $38.00 and insurance for $72.00 which equals $110.00 for the week is that legit

sure its not 38$/day? 110USD per day seems like a lot for a small car.. I recently rented in pdc a jetta for 60usd/day insurance included

Yes it was 38/day which equals 72 per week woth insurance put it at 110 per week. What rental did you use

I just went and looked at Kayak.com -- some of those prices are quite literally unbelievable. And I'd be surprised if you actually get them, when you get there. We booked something similar the last time we went down (although it was a more believable price, but still cheap) and that wasn't what we ended up being charged in the end, and of course, we had no recourse to argue with them.

That's what I was afarid of when it sounds to good to be true it normally is

The avg price I've found including insurance for a 5 passenger vehicle is around 500 for the week thats not counting gas would it be cheaper less hassle to just go the taxi route

US insurance is not any good in Mexico. :no:
If you are run off the road and the vehicles do not touch, The car Liability insurance does not pay as there was no Libabillty ( Your are in Mexico). :shocked2:

Insurance is not mandatory in most mexico states but here is the rub, If you are in an accident you will go to the police station and will not leave until you can prove that you can pay for the accident,( read you go to jail) so it is wise to get full coverage when renting.:shakehead: Full coverage is proof that you can pay and you get to go home. :coffee:

This is Mexico we are talking about so anything is possibly.
:)

Recently paid $CAN 330 to rent a small sedan, manual transmission, from EasyWay at Cancun airport for a week. The car functioned just fine though it was not fancy. $500 for your larger vehicle sounds about right. You may want to consider a transfer service to get you down to PA and taxis from there.

Hey Opie,

You have an interesting dilemma.

You might be better off with taxis. While your first day will start out at ProtecPlaya, I think the other days are going to be training in the cenotes that are just outside of Puerto Aventuras, so just a short ride. Depending on where your condo is in PA, you might have to hump your gear to where the taxis are. There's usually a few around the Marina or near the front gate. Protec will bring your tanks, so you don't have to worry about that. I'm pretty sure you can talk them into dropping you off after the course too as long as you don't need to head into Playa to do video analysis.

The cost of taxis can add up though if you're heading into Playa for dinners, and down to Tulum for the ruins (which I found very worthwhile). But not having the stress of getting lost, getting into an accident, getting ripped off at the gas station or the car breaking down or into might be worth whatever difference there might be in costs. Keep in mind, you're there for a vacation. You'll be getting enough stress on your course, so relax the rest of the time. It sounds like it's your first time down there, so this might be the best way to scope out the lay of the land. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy the area and the diving that is offered there, so you and your family will want to return. You can rent a car on subsequent trips.

Re: renting a car (which we always do), get all of the insurance. We even pay extra to upgrade to Zero Deductible. You can look at Easyway, Cancuncarrental, or AdoCar as some of the ones we've used with varying degrees of success. Don't just rent the smallest car. You have to think about how much luggage you're going to need to transport to and from the airport. Four adults and a small child can carry a surprising amount of luggage.

Thanks greyhound you been very helpful on everything else I didn't even think about sending you a pm yes this is our first rrip to riveria maya my thoughts was if we didnt rent get transfer to PA then taxi like you suggested the condo we rented is next to the omni hotel I'm going to talk with patrick some more he vaguely mentioned picking me up everyday wow what an offer right but Im just trying to but back up plans in place I'm so excited im over whelemd

Nice! So you did end up getting in with Patrick. Make sure your wife knows that you're going to be spending long days on training. It might be dark before you get back to the condo.
I imagine you'll be doing your training in Crystal or Ponderosa, which are just a few minutes away from PA. And if you're next to the Onmi, you're in the centre of PA, right next to the Marina. Make sure you eat at Cafe Ole. Load up on groceries at the Chedraui right outside Puerto Aventuras.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom