Cancun Airport to Puerto Adventures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie712

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are staying at a private condo in PA I'm taking a sidemount class which is 4 days with Protec in playa what will be our best bet for traveling from the airport to our condo and at least 4 daily trips to protec. It will be my wife 3yr daughter myself and my motherband father. The trip to protec will just be myself, we would all like to go to coz one day for me and my wife to dive and one day to tulum for thw ruins. Would taxi bus or car rental be the best option car rental is the least wanted

I'll just chime in -- we always rent a car when we go -- just so convenient -- and if your wife is a driver, she can drop you off and have the freedom to go shopping, touring, whatever.

When we stayed in Akumal we rented a car at the Cancun airport and drove down. Went to PA one day. There are colectivos that run along the main highway but you will end up having to walk too much and too far if you rely on them. Car is best. I found this map very handy to have on that trip.

Cancun & Riviera Maya Maps and Travel Guides

Click on Riviera Maya map link.

You need a car.

There is an APO bus that runs, but it may only get you to Playa.

Renting a car is painfully expensive -- but if your family is going to do any kind of excursions during your trip, the taxi costs and/or excursion costs will rapidly mount up to the cost of a small car.

Car rental is super expensive that's one of the down falls to it what company do you guys use. Do you just use the insurance you have state side or buy the additional insurance they offer

A little car with the insurance is going to cost $45 a day. America rent a car is a decent option. Even if you rent from someone else you will probably be renting from them.

There is an APO bus that runs, but it may only get you to Playa.

Renting a car is painfully expensive -- but if your family is going to do any kind of excursions during your trip, the taxi costs and/or excursion costs will rapidly mount up to the cost of a small car.

Really? $45-$55 a day is comparable to other Caribbean destinations BUT with subsided gas. Just make sure the attendants don't scam you. Driven a lot in the RM, even down to Mahauhal for 10 days. Cancun at night can get scary, especially after 10 days in the Costa Maya! Just too crazy, especially outside the hotel zone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We used to rent from EasyWay, which had excellent prices and included the insurance, but they have changed their practice and now do the whole "bait and switch" cheap prices but then add the insurance thing. The last few times, we've rented from Thrifty and been okay with it. You MUST purchase Mexican liability insurance; they recognize nothing else. You can waive the collision, but you will have to put a hold on your credit card for some amount until you return the car.

If you look around, you can find some very inexpensive car rentals. Don't do it. Brakes are not optional.

I searched kayak and found rentals from eurocar a small 5 passenger for $38.00 and insurance for $72.00 which equals $110.00 for the week is that legit

Back
Top Bottom