Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The whiskey bottle is a cool find! If you can really date it to 1928, it's pretty small stretch to imagine it falling off a late night, lights-off boat trip from Windsor to Detroit during prohibition. Is it common to find sealed bottles like that?

Common to find prohibition bottles. Less common to find sealed ones. This is the first full sealed one I have seen or heard of.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Now that is a fine looking spirit...

I'll bring the tumblers & ice!

DSD

---------- Post added May 18th, 2015 at 05:22 PM ----------

---------- Post added May 18th, 2015 at 05:27 PM ----------

I finally got out for a dive last weekend after a brutal winter. Got up a nice clay pipe, a Vegetine bottle (1870s-1900) a blood cleanser otherwise known as a snake oil. View attachment 208185
Also a nice intact plate with crossed anchors, and a small milk.
Here are some pix of the other finds by the other 3 divers.
View attachment 208186View attachment 208187View attachment 208188

Happy dives everyone,
View attachment 208189
ZDD

Dang ZDD - that's quite a haul! Where did you pluck all these fine treasures? I had a clay pipe once, but Mrs. #1 decided to take it with her! Been looking for another one ever since.

Best,
DSD

A $20 bill chewed up by the lobster. uploadfromtaptalk1432388603009.jpg

Once I found a human arm....(video)
Finding a severed arm in Rhode Island does seem unlikely. Now if you were diving in New Jersey...

That's either the work of a truly masterful prankster, or the "hands-down" winner of this thread.:D

Finding a severed arm in Rhode Island does seem unlikely. Now if you were diving in New Jersey...

That's either the work of a truly masterful prankster, or the "hands-down" winner of this thread.:D

When I was at college in RI we used to refer to it as the "indict me state." When building a new toll bridge across Narragansett Bay, they actually went over budget BEFORE they started working on the bridge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom