Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first dive find, just this past Thursday: I found some rainbow sunglasses that looked like they had recently been dropped.
FirstDiveFind_zpsawo5splq.jpg

First ever ocean dive, left out of Jupiter, I found a 3 lb belt weight in a place they call Loggerhead. I learned that I need to work on buoyancy if im going to pick heavy item up off the sea floor.

First ever ocean dive, left out of Jupiter, I found a 3 lb belt weight in a place they call Loggerhead. I learned that I need to work on buoyancy if im going to pick heavy item up off the sea floor.

Last week I found a 15lb mushroom anchor.. Cut the line and made a handle for it... Swam around for 20 minutes with it... :wink: Talk about over weighted..

Jim...

I've found plenty but I haven't posted to this thread: fishing gear, clothing, jewelry, sunglasses, that kind of thing. Recently however, I found two pair of prescription glasses in different locations locally (Lake Superior). I advertised them on FB and in the local papers (where I work), and one pair got claimed a week later. The other pair? Might just get donated...

Don

I found a golf ball placed upon golf tee with a golf club right next to it at the Sandy Channel near Kearney, NE during my open water certification dives, and my instructor picked up the club and pretend to play golf underwater. Found some bottles and cans. Found some fishing hooks, champagne bottle

Last month diving on an artificial reef here in North Carolina, I managed to find and recover 5 anchors with chain and a 10lb weight belt on one dive. I took my fins off and walked on the bottom dragging around 3 at a time. I tied them all to my anchor line attached to the boat and I will never do it again. Pulling up about 100lbs of steel and lead from 80 feet took me nearly 40min.

Last month diving on an artificial reef here in North Carolina, I managed to find and recover 5 anchors with chain and a 10lb weight belt on one dive. I took my fins off and walked on the bottom dragging around 3 at a time. I tied them all to my anchor line attached to the boat and I will never do it again. Pulling up about 100lbs of steel and lead from 80 feet took me nearly 40min.
Love it. Live and learn.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom