Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those of us that live here and pay taxes call it The State of Corruption. dberry doesn't know that the mafia ran RI for decades. In fact NJ and RI used to swap hazmat waste using each others states as illegal dumping grounds. The mob ran the hazmat companies. Never know what a diver may find underwater in RI. It's part of the allure of RI diving. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1432579933923.jpg

I found a lone and panicked diver hanging on a rock at 20m once. He'd gotten separated from the group in the harsh current. I advised him to go up. In case he reads this, I'd also like to advise him to choose a better dive op next time...

I found a lone and panicked diver hanging on a rock at 20m once. He'd gotten separated from the group in the harsh current. I advised him to go up. In case he reads this, I'd also like to advise him to choose a better dive op next time...
That's incredible. uploadfromtaptalk1433785667504.jpg
My 1st shark tooth

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My most dangerous find:

Nothing unusual, I find weights all the time, but ...

Some Estonian divers (big people these, at 5'11" 210 lbs., I am one of the smallest guys) and I (total of 4) were diving in the Gulf of Finland on some wrecks that I had been to numerous times. One of the divers had a new boat and wanted to see how well his positioning system worked.

Since I had been to these wrecks so many times, and the vis. was the usual 2 meters, I was asked to splash first and secure the anchor on each of the dives. The anchor was the type with 4 collapsible flukes and each diver could collapse a fluke to signify that he was surfacing. Last man would collapse the last fluke so anchor retrieval would be easier. Each of us took turns drawing in the anchor at the end of the dive. I took the first turn since I knew that the last wreck would be about 4 meters deeper than the others and I didn't want to get stuck with that one!

One of the divers, nicknamed "Beast," and I kid you not, just happened to be the one to retrieve the last anchor.

I was last diver up on the last dive and happened to spot a complete dive belt just about 5 meters away just as I was collapsing the anchor. It contained 26 pounds of lead! The other divers had already ascended, so nobody saw the belt, except me.

I managed to work the anchor line over to it and got the belt secured to the anchor.

When Beast began pulling in the anchor, his face was turning red and he was straining. We were at a depth of about 65 feet with quite a bit of anchor line out. The other divers were quite puzzled that Beast was having so much trouble. :D

When the anchor was visible about 2 feet below the surface, I said, "Thanks, Koll (beast), and grabbed the belt off the anchor and brought it into the boat. If looks could kill and if Beast had not been pooped, I might not have lived to write this!

P.S., I shared the lead with Koll and he was partially pacified. Some people! :rolleyes:

I've found:
-assorted dive gear, from knifes to masks, weights and fins
-Car keys
-Hotel Room Keys
-$120 US in cash in a nice roll with a rubber band
-A womans thong
-A brand new and still functioning GoPro 2
-A wedding ring
-A brand new and still on GoPro 4

All of this from the same Cenote in different dives

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back