Mares puck 3 frozen in pc mode? Please help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bclark0015

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Mares puck 3 frozen in pc mode. See photo below. Also...not going to lie I've had issues with this computer since it arrived. 4 dives and battery light flashes, backlight doesn't work, and now it is frozen in of mode.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 151
Hi,
Mares has a 2yr warranty against any manufacturer defect for the computers. If you are the original purchaser, and purchased from an authorized Mares dealer within the last 2 years with receipt, I would take it to the dealer. They can send it to Mares for evaluation and then Mares will either repair or replace. I can honestly say, the Puck computers have been a very durable and stable unit, although with any electronics it is certainly possible that something has happened and you have a valid claim.

I hope this helps.

Slightly off topic, I've never understood what the original owner has to do with anything? If the computer is less than two years old and can be proven then why is it not covered regardless of owner? What is it about being owner number two that invalidates the warranty? Thank you.

I had a similar problem last weekend.
my puck pro was stuck on dive mode even if I was on dry land. It was actually still reading the last dive I did a month ago. Even on dry land apparently i was 135' under water. It kept diving deeper and deeper even If I was not going down (still on dry land)
I tried to removed the battery (which was already way depleted when I bought the computer - 6 dives only on it) and when I put it back, the computer went blank. It not starting anymore.

I bought that computer online so sending it to a dealer would be pretty expensive for me.
help?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom