NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apparently it's gone, but to Darushin, when you see a mod deleted or edited post, they show up with a bright red box around them with the action and usually a why for the action

When we delete a post, we can see it, but you can't. The post in which bamafan wrote "deleted" is now gone because I deleted it.

When you see something in red, that is a separate post we put in so you can tell we are speaking as moderators and not just participating in the thread. I will put my next sentence in such a box.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Here it is.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Here is another way to do it.

For those who are new and don't know, ScubaBoard has been down the lawsuit road before, and Pete knows what can and cannot be done more than most people running a discussion forum like this one. Some threats are valid. Some threats are empty. It is good to know the difference.
Sometimes it pays to be lucky and a bit brash. :D Most threats of law suits are mere sabre rattling. A more prudent person would 'cave', er, pardon the pun. I don't like bullies or to be bullied, so I am often not as prudent as I should be. Combine that with the fact that no one will insure me after being sued and I probably should be a lot more circumspect. IOW, my being plucky is far more lucky than smart.

thanks for clarification John. I thought I'd seen the moderator comment boxes that said "Deleted" and thought that was SOP

Interesting. SO an attack on my business, An attack on Carmen Calzon all apparently in an attempt to relate things to the NACD?

Carmen Calzon and I were never in business. She represented a Trust that was in business with me in Dec 2013. And there was no business relationship when she started representing NACD in back in 2012. She and Albert (yes the second lawyer) have done so pro-bono, which is not taken for granted.

Is there a consistent trend I continually state? - The BY-LAWS those rules that shall be followed because they protect and govern the NACD. Like them or Not It's all I have to follow.
The conspiracy theorists would like to suggest or claim that the NACD or more specifically myself and the lawyer are trying to hide things. Why am I out here talking on these chat boards? I could at this point simply say the Rob Neto situation is closed and not partake in further comments. But I am not because I promised transparency to the membership, I promised that the rules of the by-laws would be followed to the best of my abilities. I am attempting to deliver on those promises much to the dislike of a few that would spout saber rattling rhetoric and anti-NACD propaganda. Yet here I am hiding behind no one.

The NACD currently has three vacant BoD positions, a need of some journal volunteers to assist the new editor, some committee people to name a few requirements. I would like to see these new people come from the membership I welcome them with open arms. I would like to see representation from Mexico and Europe, it could be done and should be done, it's long overdue. If the members wish for change the best way is to become involved, the bylaws state a director has a term of three years. Start now send in your nominations.

I could at this point simply say the Rob Neto situation is closed and not partake in further comments. But I am not because I promised transparency to the membership, I promised that the rules of the by-laws would be followed to the best of my abilities. I am attempting to deliver on those promises much to the dislike of a few that would spout saber rattling rhetoric and anti-NACD propaganda. Yet here I am hiding behind no one.

You must be kidding? The Rob Neto situation is "closed". I have been trying to get Ms. Calzon to provide information, since you refused to answer the questions in this thread. Her reply was "It is not up to you to request information after all is said and done.". She also told me his suspension was now "permanent".

The information I am trying to find is what you must have gathered in your investigation, had there ever been such an investigation:
- dates of the classese the alleged standards violations took place
- name/type of these classes
- the names of the witnesses, including what they think they saw and think broke standards

Ms. Calzon's response to my request was that Rob had been given all the information the NACD ever had.
This, I presume, is the embarrassing PDF Orie Braun sent to the members which contains a very vague list of accusations, a list of witness names (that is highly suspect by the way) and NO DATES, NO CLASSNAME. Pretty much NOTHING that could be called evidence.

Please live up to your promise to show transparency and provide this information, if you should have it. If there is no more than you shared, say so openly that you suspended someone without having any evidence, just rumors and hearsay

Finally, and this makes me wonder too. You were quick to announce the pending investigation and temporary suspension of your former training director, which in fact kicked off this thread.
Why are we not seeing such an announcement for the second investigation against your fellow board member? In his case you even have proper evidence at your hands. Why no announcement?

Speaking of suspensions, Ms. Calzon mentioned that the board is deciding whether to take action against the other two board members who are NACD instructors and were part of the alleged violations against Mr. Neto in his advanced SM class. What is the status of that decision and what is taking you so long?
You've known for months and have not decided what to do yet? Would you like me to file a report and help with the investigation? And guess what, I can even provide a date and a real witness statement for you.

Finally, since you are accusing people (presumably me) of being NACD-haters. Let me be very clear about this and speak for myself, that is not true.
I respect this organization and it breaks my heart to see you completely ruin it.
As I have said previously, I urge the current board members to step down NOW.

The ship is going down Rick and it is going down fast!

Spare the NACD of this shameful demise and leave now, while there is still something left worth saving.
You, yes YOU PERSONALLY, have run the membership numbers down to where they are now. And if you continue this crash course, it will only get worse from here. You need to leave, all of you. Fast.

Was just reviewing a construct for human interaction called the Triangle of Disempowerment. On one point of the triangle is victim, the next point is perpetrator, the third point is rescuer. The theory is that people can interact with each other through being on different points of the triangle. It's how things work in society. To be a victim, one needs a rescuer. To be a perpetrator, one needs a victim. And we can zip from being a victim one minute, perpetrator the next minute, and rescuer the minute after that if things are stressful for us, or we are used to drama. This can happen even in a four paragraph post.

The easiest, less energy intensive way to be is to step off the triangle, and get rid of the drama. This works for organizations as well as people. That way more energy is available to do things like move people or organizations into new activities, for example.

Last edited:
Interesting. SO an attack on my business, An attack on Carmen Calzon all apparently in an attempt to relate things to the NACD?

Carmen Calzon and I were never in business. She represented a Trust that was in business with me in Dec 2013. And there was no business relationship when she started representing NACD in back in 2012. She and Albert (yes the second lawyer) have done so pro-bono, which is not taken for granted.

Is there a consistent trend I continually state? - The BY-LAWS those rules that shall be followed because they protect and govern the NACD. Like them or Not It's all I have to follow.
The conspiracy theorists would like to suggest or claim that the NACD or more specifically myself and the lawyer are trying to hide things. Why am I out here talking on these chat boards? I could at this point simply say the Rob Neto situation is closed and not partake in further comments. But I am not because I promised transparency to the membership, I promised that the rules of the by-laws would be followed to the best of my abilities. I am attempting to deliver on those promises much to the dislike of a few that would spout saber rattling rhetoric and anti-NACD propaganda. Yet here I am hiding behind no one.

The NACD currently has three vacant BoD positions, a need of some journal volunteers to assist the new editor, some committee people to name a few requirements. I would like to see these new people come from the membership I welcome them with open arms. I would like to see representation from Mexico and Europe, it could be done and should be done, it's long overdue. If the members wish for change the best way is to become involved, the bylaws state a director has a term of three years. Start now send in your nominations.
I am not attacking you personally, however not disclosing the fact that the lawyer you're using holds an officer position in your private corporation is a problem.

Normally I wouldn't even say anything more on it but, in the context of the public storm you started with announcing that Rob was suspended, the appearance of at the very least of using liberal interpretations of the rules in your investigation, and the now apparent "stfu" position you've taken on another complaint involving BOD members you can see why we are questioning your abilities and decisions as President.

Daru

Carmen Calzon and I were never in business. She represented a Trust that was in business with me in Dec 2013.

From Florida Division of Corporations (sunbiz.org) (follow link to corporation filing history)

Aquatic Adventures of Florida, Inc. is listed as a for-profit corporation in the State of Florida. As of the 2015 Annual Report filed 2/27/15 with the Florida Department of State, Rick Murcar is listed as President, and Maria Del Carmen Calzon, Esq. is listed as Secretary/Treasurer. She is also the current agent of record for the corporation. The State lists the corporation's status as "Active".

This is a public records search and nothing beyond that.

From Florida Division of Corporations (sunbiz.org) (follow link to corporation filing history)

Aquatic Adventures of Florida, Inc. is listed as a for-profit corporation in the State of Florida. As of the 2015 Annual Report filed 2/27/15 with the Florida Department of State, Rick Murcar is listed as President, and Maria Del Carmen Calzon, Esq. is listed as Secretary/Treasurer. She is also the current agent of record for the corporation. The State lists the corporation's status as "Active".

This is a public records search and nothing beyond that.

Have the bylaws been changed? "Directors shall not be directors, trustees, officers, shareholders or principals of any organization (other than the NACD) that trains or certifies divers at technical levels."

Maybe that's a reason for the site still being down?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom