NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jim,

Nakatomi: Who is the NACD BoD member you have filed a complaint against with NACD as stated over on CDF and what is the complaint that you posted about this morning?

As of this week there is an ongoing QA investigation against an NACD instructor and board member, based on a report I filed detailing multiple standards that were allegedly broken by said instructor. I would prefer to let the NACD or the NACD lawyer decide on the time and form to announce these investigations, including the name of the instructor.

Verifying the report should be a swift matter for the NACD, since at least one of the charges can be verified entirely by looking into their own files.

Oliver

Should we be expecting another public thread soon with more suspensions of BoD's ?
I would expect a new bylaw clearing them or several new ombudsman positions to be created before any suspension is handed down.

Daru

Rick

Honest question: How many more years are you going to drag your name through the dirt, but more importantly, friends you are willing to loose because of the NACD?

TBO: I thought you were a nice guy and a friend when you came to the Yucatan with me several years ago, but sorry to say, after all this BS, the obvious protection of JR, the more than obvious lynching of Bert Wilcher, myself, and several other LIFETIME members, and now more "Silence or face litigation" from your watchdog attorney to anyone who mutters a derogatory word.

REALLY!

Sorry, but if you asked what time it was, i'm positive I would not give you or anyone else on the NACD BOD the time of day.

TIME TO WAKE UP............. IS WHAT TIME IT IS!

To everybody Let us be clear on something. First stop speculating what was and what wasn't who did and who didn't. Rob Neto couldn't vote because of the situation, As far the remaining BoD members I can only say this. One BoD member resigned prior to the vote, a second BoD member abstained, the remaining 4 BoD voted.

The Vote was as per the QA procedure and process. Rob Neto did depart early as he said he needed to, but not until after he had heard the findings of the investigation being read. Rob Neto can say otherwise but he sat between myself and the Lawyer, who was very clear questioning each point as she heard it read ensuring accuracy and reference to the NACD's standards and ethics.

In accordance with the QA process Rob Neto was suspended pending the outcome of a hearing if so requested by the instructor of question. Rob Neto never requested a hearing within the 14 days. From the bylaws

c. Decide specific action and notify the instructor in writing of such intended
action. The instructor will then have fourteen days to either accept the
intended action or request a formal hearing. Failure to respond in writing in
the allotted time will be taken as acceptance by the instructor of the intended
action.

The rules of the bylaws were followed.
The very rules that Rob Neto signed off on in his time as TD. If the NACD BoD are to be faulted for following the rules, so be it. The allegations could have been challenged, it was Rob Neto's unwillingness to follow procedures that cost him

The now public court filings have nothing to do with the suspension, Rob Neto resigned the next day on 12 Apr from the BoD and by default the TD position. The court proceedings are about NACD property and I shall leave it at that.

Has the NACD threatened to sue people for real? What for?

it was reported on cavediver.net that they have contacted bat least one poster to remove some comments he made and indeed Curt has also stated he has gotten letters.

People are beginning to understand that any nastygrams sent my way will be published here forthwith and no exceptions.

it was reported on cavediver.net that they have contacted bat least one poster to remove some comments he made and indeed Curt has also stated he has gotten letters.
I saw that, (my name on cdf is bent) but it sounded like Olli was just ask to do it. In Curts post it sounds like NACD is actually threatening people with lawsuits.

I have two letters here and I know MANY others who have also received letters from NACD hired hench(woman).
Nothing can be posted on cavediver.net without it being censored or taken down because of threats by the henchwoman.
I am actually surprised anyone goes there anymore due to this.

Curt,

Why not post it on sb? I don't think it will get taken down here without a darn good reason.

Daru

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom