NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder how the standards complaint against the other BOD is going? I expected at least one press release by now....

Let me see...

The detailed list of standards complaints against the instructor was reported to the BoD on July 20, eleven days ago.

Despite the fact that this initial report containing pretty much all the facts needed, I was asked to fill out and send in a signed "Incident Form". Yes, that's the same form used when a dive goes belly up and someone gets hurt.
Once I completed and emailed this incident report form, I received email by the lawyer of the NACD, Ms. Calzon, and was subjected to even more questions.
Next on the list, was an "interrogation" form which I was required to fill out. This form containing 33 questions, some IMO of very questionable nature. For example I was asked whom I had spoken to about the allegations. Several of the questions were also designed to find out what my relationship to Mr. Neto was in respect to this report and the contents.

Based on the fact that the initial report contained dates, class name and witnesses, including a detailed witness statement outlining the violations, very little investigation would be necessary to move forward.
And due to the nature of the details provided, some of the allegations can be verified by looking into the NACD files. Another piece of evidence, a student email detailing that the instructor had apparently forged a c-card, was included right with the report.

Still nothing has happened to this day and no announcement has been made. I am not surprised.

As a new cave diver, I can't imagine giving my money to the NACD at this point. Seems like NSS-CDS is a much better organization to support.

Perhaps they're too busy re-writing the bylaw that forbids directors from owning dive training businesses?

Seems that some members of the bylaw re-writing committee have recently resigned. They were asked to sign non-disclosure agreements.

Another piece of evidence, a student email detailing that the instructor had apparently forged a c-card, was included right with the report.
bold added

That sounds like a pretty serious criminal allegation. Were police notified?

bold added

That sounds like a pretty serious criminal allegation. Were police notified?

In this case "falsification of a document" may be a better way to put it. According to the witness what happened is that students finished an apprentice to cave class in winter. This class is always time limited, students receive a time limited certification that expires 12 months after they completed the class. In this case their NACD instructor withheld this card so "the clock wouldn't start ticking" and issued it at a later point in time.
Clearly not a criminal issue but, in my humble opinion, a deliberate violation of standards by the instructor. Only one of several by the way, but one that can be easily verified.

In this case "falsification of a document" may be a better way to put it. According to the witness what happened is that students finished an apprentice to cave class in winter. This class is always time limited, students receive a time limited certification that expires 12 months after they completed the class. In this case their NACD instructor withheld this card so "the clock wouldn't start ticking" and issued it at a later point in time.
Clearly not a criminal issue but, in my humble opinion, a deliberate violation of standards by the instructor. Only one of several by the way, but one that can be easily verified.

I'm curious, i get your outrage but ultimately what do you think your tilting will do?

If you are wanting the NACD destroyed, just sit back with a tall drink and enjoy, it is past needing any individuals help for that to happen IMHO.

If you are wanting to fix it...this is not gonna do it.

If you are wanting justice... meh

Dive more, NACD post less.

Any cool dives lately?

Chris, injustices are just very hard for me to accept, that is the main reason I've been vocal.

The reason for this specific report is to show Rick and his little red riding hood (or is it the other way around?) what a properly researched report of standards violations looks like. I am sure this will be a great learning experience for them.
So it's kind of a "proof of concept" thing.

Dive more, NACD post less.

Any cool dives lately?

Need to work on that too, all the cool dives are almost a month in the past...

Rob Neto recently published comments impugning the integrity of the NACD and members of the BoD. Mr Neto's comments are defamatory towards the NACD, It's BoD and others mentioned in his published comments.

Although the NACD has provided Rob Neto an opportunity to air his perceived grievances in official proceedings before the NACD and later before the circuit court. Mr Neto has chosen to prosecute his case in a public forum, while at the same time avoiding service of process and disregarding court orders.

The NACD has by-laws, regulations and rules supported by established procedures which have been and will continue to be observed as we work towards a resolution. There is presently a court case pending against Rob Neto. There is also an impending case against Mr Neto for his defamatory statements against others.

Until said time as these matters have been resolved, The NACD will have no further comments on social media. The position of the NACD may be found in the public records of the circuit courts.

As has been the practice of the NACD, once the matter is resolved, the NACD membership will be made aware through the official NACD website and/ or an official public statement.

Rob Neto recently published comments impugning the integrity of the NACD and members of the BoD. Mr Neto's comments are defamatory towards the NACD, It's BoD and others mentioned in his published comments.

Although the NACD has provided Rob Neto an opportunity to air his perceived grievances in official proceedings before the NACD and later before the circuit court. Mr Neto has chosen to prosecute his case in a public forum, while at the same time avoiding service of process and disregarding court orders.

The NACD has by-laws, regulations and rules supported by established procedures which have been and will continue to be observed as we work towards a resolution. There is presently a court case pending against Rob Neto. There is also an impending case against Mr Neto for his defamatory statements against others.

Until said time as these matters have been resolved, The NACD will have no further comments on social media. The position of the NACD may be found in the public records of the circuit courts.

As has been the practice of the NACD, once the matter is resolved, the NACD membership will be made aware through the official NACD website and/ or an official public statement.

^ This.

When the wheels finally come off, and there is no longer an NACD, you guys on the board can come back and look at this post to find a perfect example of how things fell apart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom