ACK! My Hair... It was short, now it's longer and now I can't see...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blevitan

New
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to get advice on this so here I am.

I had very short hair and now that it's gotten longer a "surfer cut" it's getting into my eyes and really bothering me when I dive warm water without a hood.

I've tried a motorcycle bandana and that flies off while diving.

I've tried a bandana and that sort-of works but I keep having to adjust it.

I can't be the only person with this issue.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Look under the girl section of the forum, they've had a few threads about that I believe :)

try a "swimming cap". They are designed explicitly for this purpose. My dive buddy uses one all the time.

Try a beanie cap I use it for warm water just to protect my head and to help me come out of the water relatively clean

�� the women's forum - wet the bandana and your hair before putting it on. A beanie or a skull cap works as well.

you might consider a tropical hoodie, nothing around the neck but keeps the hair controlled. I hate full hoods but find a hoodie perfectly comfy. They have a chin strap so they're not going anywhere.

There's also some do-rags and headbands on the market made specifically for diving that might stay on better.

Oh, only to have that problem. I wear a do-rag to keep the sun off of my bald head on the surface and for quick recognition underwater. Plus it makes me feel like the "rebel" I used to be forty years ago.

Yeah, swim cap. I used this in the tropics in lieu of hood or pro plugs. It works well keeping water from going deep into the ear as well. As for long hair problem it hasn't affected me the last 4 decades. I do suppose if your hair is like '70s long it may not fit well in the swim cap though?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom